Many celebs partake in questionable dressing, but we believe in rewarding the ones who look good and taking fashion cues from them. In the pursuit of collecting style inspiration, we rounded up nine fresh denim outfits we adore. From Zoe Saldana’s classic neutral look to Ashley Tisdale’s boho-infused styling, each lady wears radically different denim pieces, paired uniquely to fit own individual style (while looking super-cute). Phew, no sartorial clones here!
1. Clean, classic, and simple. Zoe Saldana makes neutrals work in her favor with a black, white, and nude look, anchored together by Rag & Bone’s Leggings in Midnight.
2. This ombre shirt? Oh, how daring! Of course Kate Bosworth pulls off 7 for All Mankind’s Denim Button Down Shirt, with a smattering of her trademark vintage-y accessories.
3. With her Current/Elliot Floral Skinny Jeans, Katie Holmes utilizes the printed denim trend in a look well-suited for a busy lady on the go. To make this slightly girly outfit even more denim-friendly, she throws a denim shirt atop her floral jeans. We approve.
4. Brazilian model Ana-Beatriz Barros perfects polished weekend looks with J Brand Leather Leggings in Red. The textural contrast of her coated denim jeans against a mohair sweater proves that opposites attract to create truly interesting outfits.
5. Just like the flavor of its namesake, mint-colored denim is oh-so-refreshing and big this season. Aided by the graphic stripes of her shirt, Ali Larter looks mod with her Black Orchid Jeans in Mint Julep. We’d all be so lucky to look this good while picking up our Special K.
6. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley epitomizes model-off-duty city wear in her Etoile Isabel Marant Adam jeans (try these Cheap Monday Narrow Jeans for a similar look), oversize knit sweater, chunky suede booties, and wake-me-up coffee fix. Even if you’re not a model, this super-cozy outfit is super chill.
7. Ombre hair might be too wild for your taste, but you easily can achieve boho-tinged style by rocking loose, distressed jeans (like Theyskens’ Theory boyfriend-fit). Take styling cues from Ashley Tisdale, who wears her All Saint’s drop-crotch jeans with a floppy hat, fringe boots, and bright red bag.
8. You know how we feel about Jessica Alba‘s colored denim collection, and we are big fans of this hot mama’s weekend look. She wears a pair of Kate Spade Broome Street Jeans, but we’ve pinpointed a pair of SOLD Spring Street Red Skinny jeans that would look equally cute for a colorful day at the playground as out on the town.
9. For the launch of Chinese Laundry Denim, Shenae Grimes wore a denim jacket from the line with a pair of harem pants and a bra top. We give her props for exposing her midriff in a trendy and cute way, without being too revealing. The key is in that denim jacket! You can’t find the one she’s wearing in stores yet, but this Heritage 1981 Zip Up Denim Jacket will work to the same effect.
Tags: ali larter, ana-beatriz barros, Ashley Tisdale, coated jeans, floral jeans, Jessica Alba, Kate Bosworth, Katie Holmes, mint green jeans, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, shenae grimes, Zoe Saldana
When you’ve got as much money as some celebs have in their bank accounts, there’s really no excuse to have horrible hems and gaping holes (unless gaping holes is what you’re going for). Consider this an open call to all celebs who need some “work done” (on their jeans, not their nose). Denim Therapy’s expert denim repair and alteration services can help!
Kim Kardashian in JET Jeans Hippie Faded skinny jeans. Kim could get these babies patched up with our denim hole repair service.
Zoe Saldana in Cult of Individuality The Teaser skinny jeans. Zoe could also get these babies patched up with our denim hole repair service.
Vanessa Hudgens in Current/Elliott Bell jeans. Vanessa needs to hems done, before the bottom of her jeans are shredded to bits. She could totally benefit from our expert jeans hemming service.
Need your jeans fixed? We can help! Check out our expert denim repair services.
Images from Denim Blog (1,2,3).
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: celebrity denim, Denim Repair, Denim Therapy, fix hole in jeans, fix jeans, Kim Kardashian, vanessa hudgens, Zoe Saldana
We all have our pair of favorite jeans, and it looks like these MiH Marrakesh flare jeans are Zoe Saldana‘s! She was spotted in them in Beverly Hills while leaving and entering an office building, but with a different top on and we have to say, both look great with the jeans! We definitely understand where her love for these come from–they fit her perfectly and are just the right height to tuck shirts into, which is a little trick that instantly cleans up an outfit. Get your own pair right here!
Images via NPG & WENN.
Tags: Beverly Hills, flare jeans, MiH Jeans, Zoe Saldana
Let’s face it: librarian-chic never gets old. A pair of dark-framed glasses and a classy blouse (paired with a sexy or rough-edge bottom, like a pair of cut-off shorts) is the perfect mix of classy and fierce. An advocate of this style, Zoe Saldana was snapped out to lunch the other day, wearing this look like it was made for her! She wore AG Adriano Goldschmied The Pixie Roll-Up Short with an Etoile Isabel Marant star and circle patterned blouse. The glasses and hair pulled back add a hint of sexy substitute teacher to the look, while a bit of luxe came in the form of her Michael Kors Gia crocodile-embossed satchel. Now if we can just remember how the Dewey Decimal System works…
Tags: Adriano Goldschmied, AG Adriano Goldschmied, AG Jeans, etoile isabel marant, Michael Kors, roll up shorts, Zoe Saldana
Zoe Saldana was snapped in a moment of vintage-chic in Los Angeles, leaving an office building in Black Orchid’s “Black Beauty Bell Bottom” in Dust Devil. She paired her slightly distressed high-waisted flare leg jeans with a desaturated peach button down blouse that she tucked into the waistline. Her ostrich skin bag brought the whole luxe look together (though we can’t say we love the idea of carrying around our stuff in an ostrich, what’s with that?). She added a pair of wedges and gold hoop-earrings in addition to her Ray-Ban shades. In our opinion, she’s looking like true LA royalty.
Tags: bell bottoms, black orchid denim, los angeles, Ray Ban, wide leg jeans, Zoe Saldana
We’re in love with this look on Zoe Saldana—a textured leather jacket with casual knit top (a beige Henley t-shirt tucked into her pants to show off her high-waisted cut) and Henry & Belle Signature boot cut jeans in bright indigo wash. She tops it off with a cute pair of flats and the tell tale celebrity sunglasses. The Avatar actress is setting a new standard for celebrity-casual. Her peers better not get caught leaving the house dressed like a hot mess!
Images via Denim Blog.
Tags: boot cut jeans, celebrity denim trends, Henley t-shirt, Henry & Belle, high-waisted, Zoe Saldana