Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Swirl is having the ultimate summer denim clearance sale right now, with MIH Jeans, Genetic Denim, Blank Denim, and more. Regardless of original retail, everything is marked down below $50 (some way below).
2. Graphic designers, download free denim textures to work into your projects at Fuzzimo.com!
3. When did “zippers” get their name? Why do all of your jeans have a YKK zipper? Check out this informative video about closures of all kinds to find out!
4. Just in time for 4th of July weekend, Denimology has a review of these American flag exposed pocket denim cut-offs by Rockstar denim. We’re diggin’ these.
5. Candice Pratts gives tips on how to wear denim to the office and still look like a professional (hint: she says stick to dark washes). Stay tuned for our take on this issue. We’ve got a couple more tricks up our sleeves.
—Michelle Christina Larsen & DT Staff
Tags: 4th of july weekend, cheap denim, cheap jeans, denim clearance, denim in the office, denim sale, denim texture, free download, how to wear denim, online sale, SWIRL, ykk zippers