It’s never too early to start thinking about spring flowers and warm sunshine, right? Some of us are already dreaming ahead to cut-off shorts weather. Get a head start on securing your spring denim essentials with this guide from Fashion Gone Rogue.
So, Life After Denim is a brand that, by all accounts, we should despise- purely for their name. But, they were nice enough to send me one of their Churchill shirts. Olive branch accepted.
With quality cotton and heather speckle cloth, it’s hard to hold their name against them for very long. It’s one of the most comfortable shirts I’ve ever worn and it’s great for all seasons, even though it’s in their Fall line. You can beat the heat and roll the sleeves, or keep them extended when the temp drops. Given the not-so-hellish summer temperatures and the surprisingly warm beginning to Fall, I’ve enjoyed both sleeve options, with gusto.
The Bluebird color is a great pairing with any skinny pair of black or white denim jeans. Heck, I wore the shirt to a beach wedding a few weeks ago, tucked into a white pair of slacks. Everybody was like “Yo, where did you get that shirt?!? It’s perfect!”
Simply put, this shirt is a delight. Grab one here.
Tags: Denim Menswear, denim review, life after denim, men's shirt, men's top, menswear review, menswear shirt, plaid shirt, workshirt
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible tid bits of inside info! Catch up on what’s happening (or totally not happening) and browse our personal picks after scanning the web this morning. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Denim shoes don’t have to give you the blues… this grey & red pair from Vans stray a bit from the indigo routine.
2. Dimitris Zoz Denim‘s new website has launched! We featured their studded, colored denim shorts recently as a fun option for spring.
3. Images are out for Velour spring 2012 menswear, and we’re loving the clean, classic style.
4. Guys, need a warm denim workshirt this winter? Want something other than the standard denim jacket/shearling combo? Check out the Iron Heart Blanket Lined 8oz Denim Overshirt. The inside is cotton flannel, the outside is raw.
5. The Denim Guy runs into some controversy from friends & family when he cuffs his jeans. We say go for it, Johnny! But not in the NYC winter.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: cuffed jeans, cuffing jeans, denim for men, denim shoes, DIMITRIS ZOZ Denim, Iron Heart Blanket Lined 8oz Denim Overshirt, velour spring 2012, workshirt
By now you know we love an item that’s fashionably unconventional, and while patchwork denim may be happening right now, it’s not often you see a dude walking down the street in a chambray version of the blanket he used as a baby. Thanks to the muted tones and fitted silhouette of this Band Of Outsiders patchwork denim shirt, however, what might be kitschy becomes totally chic.
Want one? It’s yours for $265 at Aloha Rag.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Band of Outsiders, mens denim, patchwork, workshirt