Cut-off shorts are the ultimate staple, and you can throw a summer twist on this classic style by wearing them in white. Recently our blog editor MC received a pair of True Religion high-rise Cadence cut-off shorts, and so began a new denim love affair. Find out what she loves about them below.
What was your first thought when you tried them on?
I immediately thought, “wearing these out tonight!”
Where/when would you wear these?
I’ve already worn them to the beach, to run errands around my neighborhood in Brooklyn, for a few nightlife expeditions… basically everywhere/anywhere. I love the resort style of white denim and pairing them with different tops: neon tanks, a chambray shirt, etc. The only downside to these is that they’re white, and that means you can’t get away with wearing them day after day as you would with a medium wash.
How’s the fit?
They fit like a glove, with next to no stretch despite wearing them on long train rides and while busting a move. I seriously love these shorts.
Grab a pair of True Religion high-rise Cadence cut-off shorts for an instant summer denim upgrade.
Tags: cut off shorts, denim review, denim shorts, destroyed denim, high-rise, high-waisted shorts, True Religion, white jeans, white shorts
One summer denim trend that never goes out of style post-Labor Day Weekend is bright white. White denim is an easy way to add a dose of luxury to your look, and you’ll see no shortage of celebs and socialites sporting these styles around hot-spots all summer long. If you’re looking to make this timeless trend your own, but aren’t sure where to start (aside from committing to keeping messy foods far from your legs), you can get some inspiration below, with our white denim summer jeans round-up! You’ll find something for different body-types and style concerns, so don’t fret if wearing white on your legs initially sounds like trouble. Read on.
1. Curvy on the bottom? These loose-fitting (but still impeccably shaped) flare-leg jeans will balance out your look. Go nautical when styling with this one—we promise you can’t go wrong. Paige Denim Laurel Canyon Bootcut Jeans ($124) – buy it at Piperlime.
2. Short legs? A cropped white jean is a great match, paired with sandals or platforms. A word of advice: avoid the cropped-flair style. That will add unnecessary division between your thigh and shins, taking away from that heightening-effect. Denim by Victoria Beckham Denim Capris ($149) – buy them at Yoox.
3. Super-tall, or just looking for a little rock’n'roll? Add some texture with tears, rips, and a controlled destroyed style. The long hem can be cuffed or bunched up with heels. Either way, you’ll be turning heads. Diesel Clushy 32 in White Denim Destroyed Jeans ($187) – buy it at Zappos.
4. Skinny-minnie? Add some oomph to your figure with super-tight fitting white skinny jeans. While many are terrified this pair will turn them into a marshmallow, you’ll find that the non-color amps up your sex appeal, big-time. Rag & Bone Skinny Jeans in White ($165) – buy it at Shopbop.
5. Want some white, but not interested in looking too preppy? A clean-cut white cut-off shorts with a frayed edge will keep you looking breezy while still maintaining some stylish edge. Paige Premium Denim Silverlake Shorts in White Stretch Destruction ($129) – buy it at Zappos.
6. Hamptons-bound, for a bit of weekend tennis? Try some shorts that are pristine and trendy, with room to move (go practice that back-hand!). Levi’s® 515™ Denim Shorts (on sale $19.99) – buy it at Kohls.
7. For gals with low-butt/no-butt, this rolled-hem bloomer style white-washed denim short is perfect. With soft-pleating at the waistband and a free-and-easy vibe, you’ll find yourself enjoying a just-voluptuous-enough behind! Blank Denim Camp Short Rolled ($68) – buy it at Piperlime.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: guide to wearing white, labor day weekend, summer denim, summer fashion trends, summer style, summer trends, white denim, white jeans, white pants, white shorts