So you’re about to pack up and squeeze the most out of summer’s last month on the sandy shores? Us too! And while we’re in the midst of packing up the sun tan lotion, the shades, the super cute Italian bikinis et al for a weekend at the beach, we thought we would impart some packing wisdom on you guys too! Scroll for the denim lover’s guide to what to pack for the beach.
First off, you’ll need two pairs of cut-off shorts. One should be stylish (Think mis-rise and printed), and the other should be super comfy and casual.
1. Moto Ice Striped Hotpants 2. Moto Rubber Stripe Hotpants
Next up, a versatile bikini that works for swimming, sunning, and to wear with your shorts and a sarong or tank when it’s time for boardwalk parties.
1. Dolce & Gabbana Bikini 2. Missoni Reversible Bikini 3. Melissa Odabash Underwire Bikini
Next, you’ll need a few chic, versatile tanks to go over your bikini & shorts combo. These can easily be rolled up and packed without taking up suitcase real estate.
1. Mason by Michelle Mason Silk Tank 2. Kain Washed Silk Tank 3. T by Alexander Wang Silk Jersey Tank
For chilly nights on the beach, bring your favorite old (or new) well-worn denim trucker jacket.
1. UNIF Americana Denim Jacket 2. Levi’s Trucker Jacket in Light Wash
Last but not least, a pair of chic (but easy to wear) sandals.
1. Sam Edelman Women’s Gable 2. Coconuts Women’s Terrain
Don’t forget to check out our bikini x denim cut-off shorts combos for some summer style inspiration, and while you’re at it, if you need some more colored denim cut-off shorts options, we’ve got your covered for that too!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: cut off shorts, denim shorts, summer denim, what to pack for the beach