There’s nothing like kicking back in your favorite pair of jeans on your day off, but what if you could take that same feeling of comfort and confidence to the office with you? Wearing denim to work is a lot easier than you think. Take a few cues from these outfit roundups below, and before you know it, you’ll be pairing blazers with skinnies like it’s your… well, job!
Wearing jeans to the holiday party wasn’t always okay, but we’ve entered into an era where your favorite jeans might be more fit for late night attire that your LBD. Let’s roll with it! Below are some ferocious and fun printed and patterned jeans that will upgrade your look from vanilla to vavoom.
1. Current/Elliott The Ankle velvet-flocked skinny jeans 2. DL1961 Bag Snob Emma Black Tie Substitute Jeans 3. Moto Laser Print Jamie Jeans
4. AG Adriano Goldschmied Super Skinny Coated Legging Jeans 5. Paige Denim Leaf Print Skyline Skinny Jeans 6. Current/Elliott The Stiletto Jeans
Which are your favorites? Come hang out with us on facebook and let us know!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: christmas party, metallic denim, office party, party clothes, patterned jeans, printed denim, printed jeans, wear denim to work, what to wear to a holiday party
The first thing we thought when we saw Armani Exchange‘s spring/summer 2012 lookbook was, “Wow, we could wear a lot of this stuff to work.” The bright orange cropped jeans and khakis look certifiably professional (especially when paired with heels, chiffon tops, and slouchy blazers). But this collection isn’t all work and no play–there’s a few summer weekend looks we’d love to cop. Denim shorts paired with a crochet knit top and aviators? We’ll see you at the beach.
Images via Denimology
Tags: Armani Exchange, bright colored jeans, dressed for work style, summer denim, wear denim to work
Allure magazine shares four tips for wearing denim in the office (or any formal situation) so you can perfect your indigo look.
1. Distinguish between weekend and work denim. Dark denim rinses are better for office.
2. Avoid stone washed, acid washed, or whiskered, and no low rise; the less flash, the better.
3. When wearing denim on denim, a fitted blazer compliments relaxed trousers or pair a voluminous jacket with skinny jeans.
4. Make sure your denim matches. Try indigo so that you can’t go wrong ; denim can be worn as a trench coat, blazer, top, boots etc.
Tags: allure magazine, dark wash denim, denim styling tips, how to wear denim, indigo denim, wear denim to the office, wear denim to work