Gentlemen, let’s talk fall wardrobe staples. There are a few key pieces you’ll need for fall (basic knits for layering, fresh kicks, and maybe an unexpected pop-color scarf) but one thing is certain. A well-made, up-to-date denim workshirt is going to be the item you can go-to over and over this season when you’re putting together outfits. Whether it’s an ombre-dipped take on a classic, or a pinstripe industrial-inspired piece, you can’t go wrong with this essential. Below are six our recommendations for your closet this September.
1. The Real McCoy’s Joe Mccoy men’s western shirt (Approx $287) – buy it at Superdenim.
2. Scotch & Soda men’s blue striped denim shirt ($124) – buy it at Ron Robinson.
3. Topman blue dip-dyed striped shirt ($20 on sale) – buy it at Topman.
4. AllSaints light grey Crag Shirt ($135) – buy it at AllSaints.
5. Neil Barrett blue washed denim shirt ($455) – buy it at Stylebop.
6. Polo Ralph Lauren custom fit denim Ranger shirt ($145) – buy it at Mr Porter.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: bleached denim, chambray, denim for men, Denim Menswear, denim workshirt, dip-dyed, Fall 2011, fall fashion for men, fall style, ombre, pinstripe, shopping tips for men, wardrobe staples
As we love to say, there are times when more is definitely more but for the most part we like to keep plain and simple, which is probably why we love Bassike (pronounced basic) so much. Always presenting us with the perfect wardrobe staples from asymmetrical-bias cut tees to beautifully aged denim, one thing we definitely never are when it comes to the Sydney-based brand is underwhelmed. This is especially true for what they have in store for the Spring Summer 2011 season. Incorporating just the right amount of trend, you’ll especially love the cropped denim vests and jackets that are great for the perfect double denim look. But have a look for yourself! Here are a few of our favorite images from their Spring Summer 2011 Look Book.
Images from Denimology and Denim Maniac
For more on Bassike be sure to check out their website.
— Sandoval Gomez
Tags: aged denim, Basics, Bassike Jeans, Bassike S/S 2011, double denim, look book, wardrobe staples