Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. We know Kate Moss can more or less do whatever she wants, but we’re pretty sure this denim-on-denim almost-the-same-but-not-quite-the-same light wash ensemble is a big no-no. The black boots/black hat/black belt punctuation is pretty bad too. Come on, Kate!
2. We love the relaxed fit of the jeans in this super modern, urban and beautiful fall collection by Israeli brand Mandinka.
3. Hudson Jeans’ refreshing lookbook concept for spring 2012 is a stop-motion video comprised of many photos of a model wearing the jeans. Super cool (and we bet it saved them some money).
4. See what a good, worn-in pair of jeans looks like over at Dr. Denim.
5. This editorial in VS magazine’s september issue might have ridiculous ’90s hair that makes us feel like we’re in an overtly sexy episode of Saved By The Bell, but there’s a whole lot of perfectly distressed, gorgeous denim to oogle at.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Denim On Denim, Distressed Jeans, double denim, Hudson Jeans, Kate Moss, mandinka, spring 2012 lookbook, vs magazine