Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and inside info! Catch up on what’s happening and browse our personal picks for the most interesting what-not that turns up during our morning web crawl. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Last weekend, Raf Simons presented his final collection at Milan Fashion Week as Creative Director for Jil Sander, because the founder of the brand is returning. The womenswear is gorgeous, by the way. Perhaps Simons will go back to further developing his namesake denim? Fingers crossed.
2. On February 21, G-Star RAW opened their largest global flagship store in the world, a 7,319 square feet brick-and-mortar store in Hong Kong. The event was marked by stuntmen walking down the building and a traditional lion dance, with indigo blue lions. Watch the G-Star grand opening event online.
3. Kellan Lutz is certainly becoming a fashion fixture. Between his acting and design collaboration with clothing brand Abbot+Main, he still found time to squeeze in front row at the Simon Spurr fashion show during NYFW.
4. Shopbop has a ONE by collection, a collaboration between multiple brands which feature covetable pieces on limited supply, such as this denim oxford shoe (featured above) by Anniel ($135).
5. What are you doing on Instagram? We found a couple of musician/concert photographers from IndieRockReviews.com, wearing Volcom and RVCA jeans out in SoCal. Photo via Tim Johnson (@timtom949).
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Abbot and Main, G-Star Raw, Instagram, kellan lutz, One by Anniel, Raf Simons, RVCA, Shopbop, Street Style, volcom
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Check out The Twilight Saga‘s Kellan Lutz monkey-ing around in J Brand jeans for Nylon Guys.
2. Got nothing to wear? Kill City can relate.
3. Time for a history lesson! How much do you know about denim founding father Levi Strauss? This video series runs the whole gamut if you need to catch up.
4. The FROM BLUE TO GREEN organization is giving us another reason to donate our used denim—even the unwearables. They convert denim into insulation to be used in homes. This program will run through October 18th, so get on it!
5. Volcom’s “Give Jeans A Chance” campaign provides clothing to the homeless. October 7th was “International Give Jeans A Chance Day”, but you can still donate all month long.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: charity, from blue to green, give jeans a chance, J Brand Jeans, kellan lutz, Kill City, Levi Strauss, Twilight Saga, volcom