Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible glimpses of inside info. Catch up on what’s happening (and what’s definitely not happening) and browse our personal picks after scanning the web this morning. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Agave denim is running a facebook contest this month. “Like” them and sign up for their giveaway to win a $250 gift certificate to shop on agavedenim.com.
2. Guys, try out Uniqlo’s limited edition Japanese selvedge jean (for far less than you’d usually pay for this kind of denim). Check out their store locations for one near you.
3. Rachel McAdams is rocking a red denim shirt on the cover of Glamour Magazine‘s February issue. Nice to see some front cover denim that’s a little different from the norm.
4. Denim, as an industry, continues to shove to the front of the VIP line… Levi’s will show core collections at New York Fashion Week, reportedly in a “big budget” way in a “big budget space” in Soho. Stay tuned, we’ll have the latest.
5. Another one for the guys. Your search for the perfect black trouser jeans has ended:
“Self Edge and Toyo Enterprises have come together to bring the ultimate pant in terms of hardware, details, and fit. Jungle Cloth fabric, hidden rivets, Sugar Cane pin-check pocket bags, red cotton twill inner leg seam lining, dark indigo poly-core stitch, iron embossed buttons, Buzz Rickson UFO rivets, and a slim fit round out this new release produced in a limited run.”
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: agave denim, colored denim, denim contest, denim workshirt, Glamour Magazine, japanese selvedge denim, Levi's, mens denim, new your fashion week, nyfw, red denim, uniqlo jeans