Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Check out The Twilight Saga‘s Kellan Lutz monkey-ing around in J Brand jeans for Nylon Guys.
2. Got nothing to wear? Kill City can relate.
3. Time for a history lesson! How much do you know about denim founding father Levi Strauss? This video series runs the whole gamut if you need to catch up.
4. The FROM BLUE TO GREEN organization is giving us another reason to donate our used denim—even the unwearables. They convert denim into insulation to be used in homes. This program will run through October 18th, so get on it!
5. Volcom’s “Give Jeans A Chance” campaign provides clothing to the homeless. October 7th was “International Give Jeans A Chance Day”, but you can still donate all month long.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: charity, from blue to green, give jeans a chance, J Brand Jeans, kellan lutz, Kill City, Levi Strauss, Twilight Saga, volcom
My, doesn’t Kristen Stewart look all grown up these days? Well, she certainly looks it on the November issue of Glamour Magazine, which hits newsstands on October 11. Wearing a striped Bottega Veneta top and Current/Elliott jeans, Twi-hards are certain to sink their teeth into this issue. Believe it or not, Kristen (aka KStew) and her co-star Taylor Lautner are actual Twilight Saga fans: “It’s fun to watch with him because we actually sit and watch it. Me and Taylor are actual Twilight fans, so we can sit there and be totally into it! Whereas I sit there with Rob [Pattinson]…he likes it, but he has just such a different energy.”
Need more sneak previews? Watch the interview video on Glamour‘s Kristen Stewart Facebook page.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: celebrities in jeans, Glamour Magazine, Glamour Magazine Covers, kristen stewart, KStew, petite jeans, Twi-hard, Twihard, TWILIGHT, Twilight Saga
I hear you, girl! It’s no time like the present to chill out. Twilight Saga star Ashley Greene is looking cool as a cucumber, rockin’ her teeny little Debonair Shorts by Paige Denim. The Debonair Short is a trouser short in a crisp khaki wash.
Ashley was seen holding hands with “just friends” Joe Jonas while out shopping in Los Angeles this week.
— Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Ashley Greene, Paige, Twilight Saga