Skinny jeans for men are back. Stylist/blogger Justin Livingston (wearing Diesel) shows men how to wear skinny jeans this winter in his blog, Oh, Munrowe. Actually, skinny jeans are his staple jeans fit, as there are pictures of him wearing them throughout the year. His style reminds us of runway trends at Burberry Prorsum, Paul Smith and Raf Simons, when oversized coats were worn over slimmer pant silhouettes. And, it’s no secret that women don’t mind seeing men in skinny jeans, especially when it’s pulled together well with some great wintry staples. Ready to put your old skinny jeans back into rotation? Here are some ideas—à la Oh, Munrowe—on how to style your jeans.
GET THE LOOK…
1. If you’re going to go for the skinny jean, why not go for selvage jeans! 1969 Selvage Skinny Fit Jeans in dark resin rinse (on sale for $89.95) – buy it at Gap.
2. Oversized duffle coats are the It Coats of the season. Lauren by Ralph Lauren Overcoat in Navy Toggle (on sale for $229.99) – buy it at Macy’s.
3. We love the neon blue squiggle accents on the pockets. Vivienne Westwood Anglomania by Lee Black Mechanic Squiggle Pocket Skinny Jean ($148.50) – buy it at My Wardrobe.
4. If you’re looking for volume in a scarf, then you’ve found it. ASOS Fishnet Snood (on sale for $24.54) – buy it at ASOS.
5. Red Wing®, known for making boots that’ll take you to Alaska and back, merges rugged with classy—sure to be a winter closet staple. Red Wing® for J.Crew 6″ round-toe boots ($240) – buy it at J. Crew.
Justin Living mages via Chictopia.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Diesel jeans, fashion trends for men, gap 1969 denim, men's fashion, skinny jeans, skinny jeans for men, tight jeans, Vivienne Westwood Anglomania by Lee