Perhaps tie-dye still reminds you of a bygone hippie era, but when coupled with the pastel hues running rampant in the denim world, this look makes for a fresh and modern jeans update. Grab a pair, like J Brand’s Tie-Dye Skinny Jeans in light pink, for a statement piece this summer. Struggling with how to wear it? Grays and other pastels pair well with pastel pink (try mint or pale yellow), as do lighter neutrals. Darker colors are a bit harder to incorporate, but you’re safe with black kicks balanced out by similarly shaded accessories–see for yourself below!
1. Stella McCartney Shirt 2. J Brand Jeans 3. OOAK Festival Bag 4. Belle Sigerson Morrison Sandals
1. Topshop Waterfall Jacket 2. J Brand Jeans 3. Marni Batwing Top 4. Chloe Ballet Flats
1. Sandro T-Shirt 2. J Brand Jeans 3. ASOS Sunglasses 4. Rick Owens Boots
Tags: how to style jeans, how to wear pastel jeans, pastel jeans, pastel pink jeans, tie dye jeans
Ahhh, summer. The sand, the surf, the skimpiest jean shorts you can squeeze into. What’s not to love about the sultriest time of the year? Summer’s also the time when everyone loosens up and casual dressing is de rigueur—meaning denim can work almost anywhere. But just slipping into the first jeans-and-a-tee combo you find is a bit boring, so we asked the James Jeans design team how they’re planning to get creative with their denim styling this summer.
Here are their top 5 tips:
1. ) The ’80s are back in full force, so try pairing your high waisted jeans with crop tops. Our High Class style is ideal for this.
2.) Cuff your skinny and straight leg jeans, making them into crops.
3.) We all have that pair of jeans we know we’re never gonna wear again. This summer, convert them into distressed, rolled shorts.
4.) We’re all about the DIY. Ombre your cut-off shorts (tutorial courtesy of Could I Have That?) or add studs to selected areas.
5.) Send last summer’s white jeans to Denim Therapy and get them tie dyed a la Isabel Marant’s Spring/Summer 2012 collection.
—James Jeans & DT Staff
Tags: cut off shorts, high-waisted jeans, James Jeans, skinny jeans, straight leg jeans, summer style, tie dye jeans
In the past few weeks, we’ve seen a huge spike in the prevalence of tie-dye denim, from Rihanna to Kate Beckinsale and even our favorite denim trend-setter, Jessica Alba and all over the street style circuit. Companies like J Brand, Hudson, Earnest Sewn, and even Zara all have tie-dye in their spring and summer lines. But what if you just want to turn your already favorite pair of jeans into a tie-dye dream? You can! Denim Therapy’s expert tie-dye and bleaching service can flawlessly customize your jeans.
—Sarah Greene & Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: bleach denim, Denim Therapy, dye denim, dye jeans, Jessica Alba, re-dye jeans, rihanna, tie dye jeans
Browsing social media (we’re addicted to our newly revived tumblr page), we run into questions about denim shopping and we like to address them directly on the blog. You guys inspire some of our best posts! One recent Q we scrolled upon? “Where can I buy printed jeans?” You asked, we answered. Here are 9 pairs of our favorite printed jeans (from a few different price points).
1. HOUSE OF HOLLAND Bleach Jean with High Waist ($215) – buy it at ASOS.
2. Rag & Bone/JEAN The Legging Jeans ($187) – buy it at Shopbop.
3. Madewell Skinny Skinny ankle Floral Jeans ($110) – buy it at Madewell.
4. Topshop Moto Tye Dye Side Jamie Jeans ($90) – buy it at Topshop.
5. dELiA*s Floral Print Skinny Jean ($40) – buy it at dELiA*s .
6. Rich & Skinny Python Legacy Jeans ($172) – buy it at Rich & Skinny.
7. Hudson Nico Mid Rise Super Skinny Jeans ($176) – buy it at Shopbop.
8. Current/Elliott The Stiletto Low Rise Skinny in Fire ($198) – buy it at Revolve Clothing.
9. J Brand Twisted Coral Mid Rise Skinny Pants ($250) – buy it at Stylebop.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: denim trends, floral jeans, printed jeans, snakeskin jeans, Spring Jeans, Spring trends, striped jeans, tie dye jeans, what to wear, where to buy
SOLD Design Lab is busting out their colored jeans for spring, but what really caught our eye are some of their beautiful floral, tie-dye and tribal denim shorts. If you’re not particularly a fan of these trends, you might reconsider, as SOLD put a delicate hand on incorporating these motifs into their collection. And if you’d prefer to wear your trends on top, their blue and pastel jeans selection (check out their version of a mint green denim!) is pretty solid as well. Using denim as a canvas to create something vibrant, colorful and fun to wear for those gorgeous summer days ticks off the “cool jeans” list in our book.
Looking for more mint green jeans? Check out our recent Street Style post. Images via Denimology.com.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: colored denim, colored jeans, colorful cutoffs, floral jeans, graphic jeans, printed jeans, SOLD design lab, SOLD jeans, tie dye jeans, tribal jeans