Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible glimpses of inside info. Catch up on what’s happening (and what’s definitely not happening) and browse our personal picks after scanning the web this morning. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. We love seeing “over the years” denim fade reviews, but here’s something a little different: a review of a denim bag that’s faded overtime (6 years, to be exact).
2. Levi’s is currently casting for their global campaign, and they’re looking for models via Instagram. That’s right! All you need is an Instagram app to get in on the action. Upload your photo and hashtag it #IAmLevis, and you’re in the running.
3. For gents who are looking for some texture in their wardrobe, we are all over this quirky “Flaph” pattern blocked top by Teruki Tatsui.
4. A good read: 10 Questions for Warp & Weft’s Devin Leisher & Mehdi Ahmadi. An excert below:
“RD: What do you hope the viewer walks away from Warp & Weft with?
Both: We would like everyone to be reminded of the passion that goes into these garments. Although it is a growing industry, ours is still a very small, niche industry in terms of these particular garments. We just want people to see how crazy we all are for this stuff.
We’d also like both newcomers and veterans of the “scene” to both get something out of the film. When you start getting into this world it’s really easy to get overwhelmed and bombarded with terms and expectations from vet’s, so we’d like to make something where newbies can get some history, learn a lot and hear from people who brought this industry to where it is today.
As for vet’s, we feel like eventually everything becomes a “been there done that” in regards to these garments. It can take a lot for people to be impressed, so we’re hoping interviews and insight from people they have often followed on SuFu can give them something new.”
5. Denimology asks the tough questions: Skinny, slouchy, or drop crotch?
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: boyfriend jeans, denim bag, denim shirt, drop crotch jeans, iamlevis, levi's model contest, skinny jeans, slouchy jeans, Teruki Tatsui, Warp & Weft, what to buy, what to wear