Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. The James Jeans Couture Collection is being launched with the aim of exceeding their previous fit accomplishments and outfitting their muse (their muse is the “everyday woman”, by the way).
2. The Big Bang Theory’s Kaley Cuoco is collaborating with Raven Denim on a denim line that is set to launch October 11th. Beverly Hills 90210′s Brian Austin Green will design the men’s line. Proceeds from sales will benefit the Friends of Animals Foundation of Los Angeles.
3. Another look at the J Brand x Christopher Kane collaboration. There are some neon knee-length neon cropped jeans that we are not sure we love, as well as some classic medium-wash denim separates that are… more likely to fit into your wardrobe.
4. You can get your fall colored denim fix from this bright spectrum at Juicy Couture. They retail at $158 and come in pastel pink, butter yellow, bright red, and royal blue.
5. Check out snaps from the Teen Vogue “Declare Your Denim” fashion show, which includes a whole lot of non-denim bottoms (but plenty of fun colors).
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Christopher Kane, denim links, denim news, J Brand, juicy couture colored denim, kaley cuoco, raven denim, Teen Vogue
Without a doubt the denim look has been at the forefront of the fashion world for the last couple of seasons, and, from the looks of it all, it isn’t going to stop any time soon. Jeans have definitely made their mark, and have proven to be a fashion staple, and we love it, but now it’s time to switch it up a bit and move the focus upward. Get ready for the invasion of the denim and chambray shirt. Having been deemed a “must have” by Teen Vogue‘s Denim Patrol we suggest stocking up on a few washes just to be ahead of the game. Though, chances are you might have one or two in your wardrobe already. Many designers have been incorporating them into their collections for a few seasons now, and in fact many fashionistas have been rocking them for quite some time now too. It’s definitely been a long time coming, but it’s safe to say that the once working-class shirt will be among the “it” trends of Spring and Summer and perhaps of seasons to come.
images from teenvogue.com
1. Get studded and stay modern in this William Rast for Target collection chambray shirt with slight western details—buy it on Target.com
2. We love a denim shirt in a traditional medium wash with gold snap buttons, and Les Halles has the perfect one—browse their current collection here
3. Add a light wash denim or chambray shirt like the one model Liu Wen is sporting above to any outfit for an instant effortlessly casual and chic look—check out luckybrand.com for some great options.
— Sandoval Gomez
Tags: Chambray Shirt, Denim Patrol, denim shirt, Denim Work Shirt, Les Halles, Liu Wen, Lucky Brand, Teen Vogue, William Rast for Target