3. Take a moment to forgive yourself for the sins of denim outfits past. Then watch this 1987 JC Penney Fashion Flash video and LOL at the “pulled-together denim looks” without a hint of guilt.
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible tid bits of inside info! Catch up on what’s happening (or totally not happening) and browse our personal picks after scanning the web this morning. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Mother Denim has released a new style—it’s called the Prep trouser, which comes in key fits the Looker, the Curfew, or the Crop Runway. Grab them for $185.
2. Speaking of new styles, Joe’s Jeans has also released a new future-best-seller: red drawstring denim shorts with a front lace-up feature.
3. Jessica Alba demonstrates an amazing sense of color palette coordination in this outfit, utilizing a pair of Nobody Denim Mod skinny jeans in Amber. It’s so rare that celeb shots are actually stylish! Well played, J.
4. GQ has a four page article up on the history of the menswear blogging movement (for which their records date back about 12 years).
5. Honeysuckle has been ousted as the favorite color of the people (and more importantly, the fashion world). Last week, Pantone named Tangerine Tango the 2012 Color Of The Year. We guess Maria Menounos knew this already.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: 2012 color of the year, colored denim, GQ Magazine, honeysuckle, Jessica Alba, Joe's Jeans, menswear blog, mother denim, pantone, prep trouser, red shorts, skinny jeans, tangerine tango