Nudie Jeans and indie music magazine Death and Taxes have headed to South by Southwest (SXSW) to open their East End pop-up shop and multi-artist showcase from Thursday to Friday, March 15-16 (12 p.m. to 8 p.m.). The shop at Cheer Up Charlie’s will feature a tightly-curated range of unisex organic denim and organic tops from the Spring-Summer 2012 collection. Commemorating the Austin launch, a limited edition “Keep It Weird” printed organic tee-shirt will be free with every denim purchase, or available for purchase at $25. All sales from limited edition tee-shirts will be donated to Austin Music Foundation, a nonprofit organization which supports local musicians with educational resources.
There will be onsite hydration stations and reusable water bottles (provided by Brita, global leaders in water purification); listening stations (provided by Marshall, the iconic amplifier and headphones brand); live performances and other goodies. See the flyer for more information.
Nudie Jeans x Death & Taxes Pop-Up Shop & Artist Showcase
March 15-16 (12 p.m. to 8 p.m.)
Cheer Up Charlie’s
1104 East 6th Street, Austin, TX 78702
Dan Deacon, Caveman, DirtyBeaches, Princeton, Superhumanoids and more.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: eco-conscious, eco-friendly, music festivals, Nudie Jeans, organic denim, recycled denim, South by Southwest, SXSW
Missed out on any of our stellar denim coverage this week? We make catching up easy with our round up of the most exciting blog posts we cooked up for you in the past seven days, with denim news, links, campaigns, and more. You’re welcome!
1. Exclusive Q&A With David Lim of Kasil Denim—Last week we introduced you to Kasil Denim’s super-wearable SS’11 line, and today we have a one-on-one with designer David Lim to find out what goes on behind the Kasil curtain…
2. G-Star Raw’s Griff Arc Suit in Raw Denim—In stores now and for a limited time: G-Star has produced the Griff Arc suit in raw denim. It’s a strapless denim romper cut in roomy arc legs and bodice top…
3. Twenty8Twelve Spring 2011 Lookbook—Brainchild of sisters Sienna and Savannah Miller Twenty8Twelve has created quite the buzz over the last few seasons, and for good reason too. It’s just the right look for any girl with who wants that romantic bohemian vibe with a hint of rocker chick appeal…
4. Carmen Kass In Denim & Lingerie for French Vogue—Top model Carmen Kass gets her sexy on in nothing but her skivvies and denim in the latest issue of French Vogue…
5. What To Wear To SXSW—The big SXSW music festival kicks off today, and if you’re still ripping through your closet trying to figure out what to trek through five days of live music, crazed dance parties, and stellar networking opportunities? We’re here to help!
6. Lover AW 2011 Wide Leg Jeans—Australian fashion label Lover released their Autumn-Winter 2011 collection, revealing a fabulous line of sophisticated separates and outerwear that would make any girl look amazing in their jeans…
—Denim Therapy Staff
Tags: best denim blogs, Carmen Kass, david lim, denim news, denim trends, french vogue, kasil denim, lover jeans, Spring 2011, SXSW, Twenty8Twelve
The big SXSW music festival kicks off today, and if you’re still ripping through your closet trying to figure out what to trek through five days of live music, crazed dance parties, and stellar networking opportunities? With a touch of denim styled into your look you can’t go wrong, and we’ve got your last second style guide. So grab your SXSW schedule, a couple fun-loving friends, and get ready to rock!
Option 1 – Rock’n'Roll! Featuring Taylor Momsen performing in Denimocracy Zip Crotch Jeans.
Arden B. Cambridge Rip and Repair Bootcut Jean (on sale for $69) – buy it at Arden B; ASOS Fingerless Lace Gloves ($12) – buy it at ASOS; Topshop Moto Denim Cropped Waistcoast ($65) – buy it at Topshop; Nasty Gal Shield Shades in neon pink ($48) – buy it at Nasty Gal Vintage.
Option 2 – Bohemian Nights. Featuring ensemble by Spell Designs.
Wildfox – Women’s Light Blue Friday Night Shorts ($145) – buy it at Kitson; Nasty Gal Sea Breeze Top ($68) – buy it at Nasty Gal; Native American War Bonnet Feather Headdress, Reproduction ($125) – buy it at Amazon; Michael Kors Fringed flat suede boots ($760) – buy it at Net-A-Porter.
Option 3 – Downtown Editor. Featuring NYLON Magazine‘s features editor, Rajni Lucienne Jacques (shot for Refinery29).
Pins and Needles Chiffon Maxi Skirt ($54) – buy it at Urban Outfitters; Contrast Combat Boots ($35.80) – buy it at Forever21; Jil Sander Silk-blend coat (on sale for $577.50 – 65% off!) – buy it at The Outnet; Blank Boy Blue Denim Shirt ($108) – buy it at Free People.
Don’t forget to share your SXSW outfits and experiences with Denim Therapy on facebook! And if you rip a big hole in your favorite pair of jeans, you know we’ve got your back with our expert denim repair services too.
—Denim Therapy Staff
Tags: denim guide, nylon editor, Rajni Lucienne Jacques, shopping guide, Spring 2011, styling guide, SXSW, what to wear to sxsw
HOUSE OF CASSETTE, featured in "Gap Press Men" Japan.
It’s nice to see some international action from HOUSE OF CASSETTE, a denim and fashion label that is worn by top American recording artists. If you were some of the lucky ones to attend the South by Southwest Music, Film and Interactive Festival (SxSW) in Austin, then you, as a denim aficionado, would undoubtedly have felt their presence there: performing musicians were spotted wearing Cassette jeans, Cassette staff and friends longboarded it on the streets, and the stylish Cassette SxSW Party in which folks weren’t afraid to jump into the pool.
Girls represent. HOUSE OF CASSETTE SxSW Party.
HOUSE OF CASSETTE SxSW Party shot.
For the latest happenings from CASSETTE, check them out online.
And for those in Los Angeles, be sure to hit the HOUSE OF CASSETTE Sample Sale this weekend…
Cassette, Cameron Hawaii, KZO Friends & Family Sale
What: Cassette, KZO, Cameron Hawaii, and several other labels are teaming up for a joint 1-day sample sale and offering deep discounts on casual clothing for both men and women
When: Saturday, March 28, from 10 to 4 p.m.
Where: Cassette, Cameron Hawaii, KZO Friends & Family Sale, 836 Traction Avenue, (between S. Hewitt and Merrick streets); no phone
[Note: This is located just east of Little Tokyo.]
– Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: House of Cassette, SXSW