One day before the new Superdry store opened in Times Square (with plenty of fanfare, AKA free leather jackets), we stopped in to check out the spring collection and have a few vanilla macaroons. The British brand’s oversize kanji character motifs were sold alongside skinny jeans in colors like peachy and near-neon mint green. The jeans were vintage bleached and over-dyed, ready for pairing with summer tops and beach sandals. Stop by and grab a pair for a no-fuss punch of color and excitement in your wardrobe.
Shop Superdry at 49th Street and 7th Ave.
Photos by Raffael Flores-Contreras.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: colored denim, green jeans, pastel jeans, purple jeans, skinny jeans, store opening, Superdry
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and inside info! Catch up on what’s happening and browse our personal picks for the most interesting what-not that turns up during our morning web crawl. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Speaking for all us vertically challenged folk, it is always hard to find jeans that you don’t have to alter. Agave Denim has some great options for petite ladies, like the Chica jean with a 29″ inseam.
2. Hudson Jean‘s new Turbotech initiative will allow you to pick your own personal denim wash, so you can “take your jeans from raw to vintage in 30 days.”
3. Check out Superdry‘s men’s and women’s collections–they’re full of preppy, sporty looks.
4. For fall/winter 2012, Lee 101 has a collection of cords, denim outwear, and chambray selections. The collection is called Field & Country, which is just where you should be wearing these!
5. Need advice on what shoes to wear with your jeans? Here are 15 options to pick from.
Tags: agave denim, Denim Washes, hudson jea, lee 101, shoes to wear with jeans, Superdry
Tomorrow morning at 9AM, the SuperDry USA Times Square location in NYC will open its doors for the first time, and they’re celebrating by giving away leather jackets, t-shirts, and more! We stopped in today to check out the 14,000-square-foot space before the big day, and trust us, you want in on this.
The first 100 shoppers will receive a leather jacket as a gift, while the next 500 will get a free t-shirt. After that, for every $100 spent on opening day, shoppers can enter raffles to win two $2,500 shopping sprees and one $5,000 shopping spree. Show up, score some great spring/summer fashion, take your photo in their photobooth, and tweet your pics to @SuperdryUSA!
For more info, see the flier below.
“Superdry USA is an innovative British lifestyle brand offering men’s and women’s casual and contemporary apparel and accessories that fuses precise British tailoring, vintage Americana style and hand-drawn Japanese-inspired graphics.
Fashioned for both New Yorkers and international tourists alike, the Times Square store will mark the brand’s third Manhattan location since 2009, and will carry signature styles including windcheaters, lumberjacks and leather jackets in addition to exclusive Times Square pieces, such as tin-tab tees, knitwear, dresses and lightweight scarves.”
Visit SuperDry for more. Stay tuned for a close-up look at their spring/summer collection, including some killer colored denim.
Photo by Raffael Flores-Contreras.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: leather jacket giveaway, nyc, Spring Denim, store opening, summer denim, Superdry, times square
Just because the warm weather has officially left us doesn’t mean you have to dress as dreary as it is outside. This outfit shows you a great way to incorporate bright colors into your winter wardrobe–think your favorite summer outfit but with some additions. By throwing on some sheer tights and a knit beanie, you’ve got the layers you need to stay comfortable, but still looking good. We love how this fashion blogger from Scotland keeps the rest of her outfit simple with her beige clutch and black ankle booties so her royal blue top is not overpowered, but allowed to really stand out. See our picks for how to get the look below.
1. Mini For Many Colourblock Blouse With Pocket ($99.99) — get it at ASOS.
2. Superdry Pom Pom Beanie ($15.62) — get it at BANK Fashion.
3. MiH Jeans Miami Rigid-Denim Cut-Off Shorts ($108.50) — get it at Net-A-Porter.
4. American Apparel Large Leather Carry-All Pouch ($68) — get it at American Apparel.
5. Free People Sheer Tights ($18) — get it at Free People.
6. J.Crew Emmett Ankle Booties ($238) — get it at J.Crew.
Images via Cats and Rocking Chairs.
Tags: American Apparel, black ankle booties, cut-off denim shorts, fashion blogger, free people, J. Crew, MiH Jeans, Mini For Many, Net-A-Porter, Scotland, sheer tights, Superdry