Craving waves, sand, and sun? It’s almost time! And to get you ready, we’re throwing a little inspiration on the table c/o Johanna Krupa‘s short-short Minkpink denim cut-off’s. Wanna get a head start on your hot summer look? We’ve got a few options for you to pick from below.
Love this look? Grab a pair of Minkpink denim cut-off‘s below!
1. Minkpink Slasher Flick Shorts in Hot Pink
2. Minkpink ‘Zappo’ Ripped Denim Shorts
3. Minkpink Slasher Flick Shorts in Denim
Celeb images via Denimology.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: cut off shorts, denim shorts, destroyed denim, hot pink denim, johanna krupa, MINKPINK, slasher shorts, summer trends
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. A denim boutique in the UK called Donna Ida is running the Adidas Women’s 5K Challenge in support of the children’s charity Jeans for Genes—an organization that funds research for the care of children with genetic disorders.
2. Now is the time to jump on the colored denim summer trend, with these deeelicious colorful styles in cut-off shorts from J Brand!
3. The Lucky Denim Fall lookbook is out, and features lots of cute cuts and strong, saturated washes.
4. This 5th Requisite Fall 2011 preview brings a bit of that geek-chic into the ladie’s wardrobe (the style we’ve been crazy about on guys lately).
6. Check out this video slideshow of the ever-androgynous Agyness Deyn filling out the shoes of James Dean for Elle magazine.
7. Cameron Diaz promotes her new movie, Bad Teacher, in white cropped J Brand skinny jeans.
Tags: 5th requisite, adidas women's 5k challenge, agyness deyn, Cameron Diaz, colored denim, Elle Magazine, fall lookbook, geek chic, J Brand, james dean, skinny jeans, summer trends, white denim
Looking great is never an issue for reality star, Audrina Patridge so it’s no wonder she looked awesome while rocking a pair of white skinnies from Rue de Jeans. White jeans are the perfect summer pant, whether your’re aiming to look luxurious and cruise ship-ready or just breezy & fresh. It’s also a great way to turn heads if you don’t love the colored denim trend. Add pastels and saturated colored separates to a white-denim ensemble, or more white (with stripes, as seen below on Audrina). Throw it all together, and you’ve got the perfect outfit!
Tags: Audrina Patridge, how to wear white jeans, rue de jeans, summer trends, white jeans
One summer denim trend that never goes out of style post-Labor Day Weekend is bright white. White denim is an easy way to add a dose of luxury to your look, and you’ll see no shortage of celebs and socialites sporting these styles around hot-spots all summer long. If you’re looking to make this timeless trend your own, but aren’t sure where to start (aside from committing to keeping messy foods far from your legs), you can get some inspiration below, with our white denim summer jeans round-up! You’ll find something for different body-types and style concerns, so don’t fret if wearing white on your legs initially sounds like trouble. Read on.
1. Curvy on the bottom? These loose-fitting (but still impeccably shaped) flare-leg jeans will balance out your look. Go nautical when styling with this one—we promise you can’t go wrong. Paige Denim Laurel Canyon Bootcut Jeans ($124) – buy it at Piperlime.
2. Short legs? A cropped white jean is a great match, paired with sandals or platforms. A word of advice: avoid the cropped-flair style. That will add unnecessary division between your thigh and shins, taking away from that heightening-effect. Denim by Victoria Beckham Denim Capris ($149) – buy them at Yoox.
3. Super-tall, or just looking for a little rock’n'roll? Add some texture with tears, rips, and a controlled destroyed style. The long hem can be cuffed or bunched up with heels. Either way, you’ll be turning heads. Diesel Clushy 32 in White Denim Destroyed Jeans ($187) – buy it at Zappos.
4. Skinny-minnie? Add some oomph to your figure with super-tight fitting white skinny jeans. While many are terrified this pair will turn them into a marshmallow, you’ll find that the non-color amps up your sex appeal, big-time. Rag & Bone Skinny Jeans in White ($165) – buy it at Shopbop.
5. Want some white, but not interested in looking too preppy? A clean-cut white cut-off shorts with a frayed edge will keep you looking breezy while still maintaining some stylish edge. Paige Premium Denim Silverlake Shorts in White Stretch Destruction ($129) – buy it at Zappos.
6. Hamptons-bound, for a bit of weekend tennis? Try some shorts that are pristine and trendy, with room to move (go practice that back-hand!). Levi’s® 515™ Denim Shorts (on sale $19.99) – buy it at Kohls.
7. For gals with low-butt/no-butt, this rolled-hem bloomer style white-washed denim short is perfect. With soft-pleating at the waistband and a free-and-easy vibe, you’ll find yourself enjoying a just-voluptuous-enough behind! Blank Denim Camp Short Rolled ($68) – buy it at Piperlime.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: guide to wearing white, labor day weekend, summer denim, summer fashion trends, summer style, summer trends, white denim, white jeans, white pants, white shorts
We know what you must be thinking…how can you possibly give denim on denim a twist? Well, trust us it’s totally doable and it involves one of the biggest of-the-moment trends: color! Pairing a medium wash denim work shirt with a pair of bright colored jeans like fashion blogger Aimee Song has done here is the perfect way to give your denim wardrobe a breathe of fresh air. We love this saturated shade of pink, but if you wanted to tone this down you could totally do it by opting for a softer more muted tone and styling it with lighter denim shirt. Either way you’ll be on-trend and summer-ready!
Digging Aimee’s look? Keep up with her and her fashion ventures on her blog Song Of Style.
Tags: Aimee Song, colored denim, colored jeans, Denim On Denim, denim work shirts, how to wear colored denim, Song Of Style Blog, Street Style, summer trends