Minimal, refined and clean, white jeans serve as the perfect blank slate for your summer styling sessions. From day to evening, you can wear white denim. Just pair your crisp jeans with bright, bold colors for day (neon, too), or metallic and dark hues for evening. The trick is to mirror what you see in nature for the perfect summer street style. We’ve rounded up a half-dozen pairs of cool white jeans, whether cropped, flared or skinny, to suit your summer plans. Which pairs would you choose?
1. Mother Denim Cropped Skinny 2. MIH Jeans Marrakesh Flare 3. rag & bone/JEAN Mid-Rise Skinny
4. A.P.C. Cured Cream Jeans 5. James Jeans Boyfriend Shorts 6. ASOS Supersoft Ultra Skinny
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: A.P.C., ASOS, hot weather style, James Jeans, jeans for women, MiH Jeans, mother denim, rag & bone, Spring Jeans, summer jeans, summer style, white jeans
Like many of us, we weren’t sure we would ever wear floral jeans, but this trend has entered into the spring fashion vernacular in full force. After seeing The Glamourai (Kelly Framel) style her floral denim look on her blog, we were emboldened to try it. And, after reviewing all the gorgeous assortment of floral printed denim coming from our favorite denim brands, we just had to share 9 of the most covetable jeans in bloom. Thrown together with a neutral top and platform sandals—with ankle jeans—and you’ll be ready to rock the cement catwalk.
GET THE LOOK…
1. Knitted Chunky Raglan sweater in Cream ($76) – buy it at Topshop.
2. Vero Moda Textured Shirt ($57.30) – buy it at ASOS.
3. Kate Spade New York Franca Cat’s Eye Sunglasses in white ($128) – buy it at Nordstrom.
The Glamourai wore the 7 For All Mankind floral jeans in Kauai Floral, but which one would you choose?
1. Gucci Cropped Straight Leg Jean ($695) – buy it at Net-a-Porter.
2. Citizens of Humanity Mandy Floral Roll Up Jean ($189) – buy it at Shopbop.
3. Current/Elliott Floral Stiletto Jeans ($214) – buy it at Shopbop.
1. 7 For All Mankind Printed Skinny Jeans in Garden Party ($189) – buy it at Nordstrom.
2. DVF Loves Current/Elliott Classic Skinny Jeans in Blue Leaf ($258) – buy it at Saks.
3. MOTO Floral Leigh Jean in Mid Stone ($80) – buy it at Topshop.
1. J Brand Blush Flower Jean ($200) – buy it at SSENSE.
2. Goldsign Virtual Printed Crop High Rise Skinny Jean ($225) – buy it at Net-a-Porter.
3. Not Your Daughter’s Jeans (petite) in Alisha print ($110) – buy it at Nordstrom.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: floral jeans, Glamourai, printed jeans, rose jeans, skinny jeans, Spring Jeans, summer jeans
It’s been a long week of waiting, and we want to thank everyone who entered our Bleulab reversible denim cut-off shorts giveway last week! Since Monday was Memorial Day (and we hope you had as stellar a weekend as we did), we’re finally revealing the winner today. The winner described an awesome summer outfit and adhered to all of our contest rules, as well as put a big smile on our faces. Click through to see if it’s you!…
The winning comment, from our winner, Lynsi:
“These shorts are just too fun! I’d def pair them with something that would let the shorts take the stage. Maybe a pop of color with the top, in a slouchy fit. Then, I’d pair them with a fun, minimalist pair of sandals and a bunch of noisy bangles on my wrists. Thanks for hosting this contest, Denim Therapy and thanks for the chance to win these ultra fun shorts, BleuLab. Very cool.”
Congratulations, Lynsi! We’ll be contacting you soon with more information on how to claim your shorts. Check out some of our other favorite comments below, where you shared your awesome summer style ideas!
“I would style these shorts with a great tan and a bright colored shirt for summer!” —njsunbunny
“Every pair of denim shorts I own were jeans at one point, cut apart by me, and are now covered in various paints, glues, bleach, fabric dyes, and wood stain because whatever I’m wearing when I craft turns into a fashion napkin. These would probably be treated the same way but I could keep one side clean for a quick change from human art smock to fancy shorts-wearer.” —Comeuppances
“I would pair these with a bright colored tank or off the shoulder t-shirt with strappy sandals.” —Lovenotesxo
“I would pair them with an oversized bright colored tank and some fun accessories. Then I would reverse the shorts and wear them at night with a cute silky top and some booties.” —DaisieBelle
“I would wear them with my white v neck t shirt and some of my favorite sandals.” —Bessie Burnsed
“I would (first) wear these with my yellow halter top & super cute wedges. Then I’d wear them with ever other cute summer top in my closet!” —Jessica Caviness
“I would style these with a loose round neck james perse t-shirt, black laser cut sandals, and lots of tribal style jewelry!” —Karen Walker
“Would totally rock these shorts with a Simdog t-shirt, sunglasses, chunky necklace and a pair of high heeled sandals!” —Kim
“I would wear the coated shorts with a vintage tee, flats, and a cool necklace.” —Courtney Stecz
“I’d wear them with a fun lacey tank top for contrast and some bright colored espadrilles.” —Ladyboarder9669
“I would style them with a transparent white shirt, wearing a tube top or some nice bikini underneath it. I would also go for large dangling gold earrings, surf waves in my hair and then a pair of high heeled sandals in a bright color.” —Sara
We loved reading all of your awesome styling ideas!
Didn’t win this time? No worries! Denim Therapy has more chances on the way for you to own a pair of coveted jeans for your stylish summer excursions. Stay tuned, denim-lovers!
Tags: bleulab reversible denim, denim trends, free jeans, reversible jeans, summer denim, summer jeans, summer style, summer style 2011
Are you hunting like mad for the perfect denim shorts? We discovered a bevy of cute jeans shorts at Forever21 to suit any style mood you’re in. And for less than $20 each, you can afford to buy a stack of cheap summer jeans shorts (that don’t look cheap!) for all those sunny days you’ll be tanning and showing off your fabulous gams. From denim hotpants to cutoffs to frayed shorts, Forever21 has it covered. So, if you’re looking for the right shorts for, say, a music festival or a backyard barbecue, you shouldn’t have problems finding at least one winner.
1. Forever21 Pleated Pockets Denim Shorts ($15.80).
2. Forever21 Eyelet Pocket Saddle Stitch Cutoffs ($19.80).
3. Forever21 Bleach Wash Frayed Denim Shorts ($17.80).
4. Forever21 Cuffed Denim Bermuda Shorts ($17.80).
5. Forever21 Denim Painter Shorts ($17.80).
6. Forever21 Denim Matelot Shorts ($15.80).
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Bermuda shorts, denim shorts, F21, Forever 21, jeans cut-offs, jeans shorts, summer jeans