So you’re about to pack up and squeeze the most out of summer’s last month on the sandy shores? Us too! And while we’re in the midst of packing up the sun tan lotion, the shades, the super cute Italian bikinis et al for a weekend at the beach, we thought we would impart some packing wisdom on you guys too! Scroll for the denim lover’s guide to what to pack for the beach.
First off, you’ll need two pairs of cut-off shorts. One should be stylish (Think mis-rise and printed), and the other should be super comfy and casual.
1. Moto Ice Striped Hotpants 2. Moto Rubber Stripe Hotpants
Next up, a versatile bikini that works for swimming, sunning, and to wear with your shorts and a sarong or tank when it’s time for boardwalk parties.
1. Dolce & Gabbana Bikini 2. Missoni Reversible Bikini 3. Melissa Odabash Underwire Bikini
Next, you’ll need a few chic, versatile tanks to go over your bikini & shorts combo. These can easily be rolled up and packed without taking up suitcase real estate.
1. Mason by Michelle Mason Silk Tank 2. Kain Washed Silk Tank 3. T by Alexander Wang Silk Jersey Tank
For chilly nights on the beach, bring your favorite old (or new) well-worn denim trucker jacket.
1. UNIF Americana Denim Jacket 2. Levi’s Trucker Jacket in Light Wash
Last but not least, a pair of chic (but easy to wear) sandals.
1. Sam Edelman Women’s Gable 2. Coconuts Women’s Terrain
Don’t forget to check out our bikini x denim cut-off shorts combos for some summer style inspiration, and while you’re at it, if you need some more colored denim cut-off shorts options, we’ve got your covered for that too!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: cut off shorts, denim shorts, summer denim, what to pack for the beach
Ashley Greene was recently spotted in J Brand’s “Duffy” Racer-Back Tank in Mink (a piece from their ready-to-wear collection) and a pair of J Brand 835 Mid-Rise Capri in Sugar Cane. Her printed floral skinny jeans & neutral hued top were a perfect casual outfit for summer.
Love printed jeans? Grab a pair below!
1. HOUSE OF HOLLAND Bleach Jean with High Waist ($215) – buy it at ASOS.
2. Rag & Bone/JEAN The Legging Jeans ($187) – buy it at Shopbop.
3. Madewell Skinny Skinny ankle Floral Jeans ($110) – buy it at Madewell.
4. Topshop Moto Tye Dye Side Jamie Jeans ($90) – buy it at Topshop.
5. dELiA*s Floral Print Skinny Jean ($40) – buy it at dELiA*s .
6. Rich & Skinny Python Legacy Jeans ($172) – buy it at Rich & Skinny.
7. Hudson Nico Mid Rise Super Skinny Jeans ($176) – buy it at Shopbop.
8. Current/Elliott The Stiletto Low Rise Skinny in Fire ($198) – buy it at Revolve Clothing.
9. J Brand Twisted Coral Mid Rise Skinny Pants ($250) – buy it at Stylebop.
Tags: Ashley Greene, J Brand Jeans, printed jeans, skinny jeans, summer denim
Ragged Priest‘s latest lookbook offering hypes up three of our favorite things in the world: the beach, pastels, and torn up jeans. Dreamy mermaid hair and sultry glares set the mood for dip-dye pastel knits and tie-dye denim shorts reminiscent of Mister Softee’s ice cream menu—delicious! Shop Ragged Priest and get your summer hued rock’n'roll on ASAP.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: dip dye denim, pastel denim, pastel hair, pink hair, ragged priest, summer denim, tie dye denim
Love printed jeans, but don’t want to go the bold color route? You don’t need to pull off A Day In Paradise to wear the printed denim trend (though we gotta say, those are the coolest). Here are three mild and chic print-on-blue-jeans options to test the waters.
1. Current/Elliott Star-Print Jeans 2. Citizens Of Humanity Paisley-Print Jeans 3. J Brand Star-Print Jeans
Questions about styling printed jeans? Ask us on facebook!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Americana, blue jeans, printed denim, printed jeans, sexy jeans, star print jeans, summer denim, what to wear
Feel that insane heat and blinding sunshine? Summer’s on the way, and we’re counting down the reasons we’re excited to bust out our favorite warm weather denim for a season of super-stylish fun in the sun.
Note: We know, these tie-dye shorts are amazing. Grab them at Nasty Gal.
1. No other season permits this spectrum of neons, tie-dyes, and brightly colored jeans be set free from your closet and paraded down the boardwalk. Don’t hold back on your favorite colors, whether you favor pastels or saturated electric hues.
2. What’s scandalous in the spring is common practice in the summer. It’s the only season where your cut-off shorts can resemble a bikini bottom in shortness and no one will think twice about it.
3. DIY! Cutting, slashing, distressing, dip-dying and applique are just a few of the ways you can take a pair of jeans you loved all winter and turn them into a summer dream. Need some ideas? Try this DIY.
4. The simple perfection of the basic jeans and a t-shirt combo is amplified in the summer, and while we love fall layering, this no-fail formula that dates back to denim’s pop culture debut is still a staple in looking fresh and “classic cool”.
5. Finally, it’s great to know that while this summer’s outdoor adventures might harm your jeans—from hiking to camping on the beach, or even dancing manically at summer music festivals—we’ll be right here waiting to fix them back up for you.
Get ready for an amazing summer, and remember us if you need expert denim repair, tailoring, shopping advice, and all things denim.
Tags: cut off shorts, denim shorts, dip dye, DIY, sexy jeans, summer 2012, summer denim, tie dye
With all the denim options out there, figuring out which jeans will flatter you and look stylish can be an overwhelming endeavor. Well, you’re in luck. FabSugar has created an awesome guide to the best summer 2012 jeans, organized by trend and including info on recommended buys, styling tips, and great advice from experts like Adriano Goldschmied and MiH Jeans’ Chloe Lonsdale.
See the full slideshow here.
Tags: AG Jeans, how to style jeans, MiH Jeans, summer denim, what to buy, what to wear
It’s tiiiime! This past weekend in NYC reminded us that despite the scattered gloomy days, summer is well on its way, and we’ve gotta be ready! If you’re ready to hack some old favorite jeans into cut-off shorts but don’t want to risk ruining them, let us help. We can custom cut your shorts to the perfect length so you feel like a rockstar right into fall. Find out more about our expert cut-off shorts service, and let us know how we can help!
Check out all of our expert denim services too.
Tags: cut off shorts, denim cut-offs, Denim Therapy, sexy jeans, summer denim
Tomorrow morning at 9AM, the SuperDry USA Times Square location in NYC will open its doors for the first time, and they’re celebrating by giving away leather jackets, t-shirts, and more! We stopped in today to check out the 14,000-square-foot space before the big day, and trust us, you want in on this.
The first 100 shoppers will receive a leather jacket as a gift, while the next 500 will get a free t-shirt. After that, for every $100 spent on opening day, shoppers can enter raffles to win two $2,500 shopping sprees and one $5,000 shopping spree. Show up, score some great spring/summer fashion, take your photo in their photobooth, and tweet your pics to @SuperdryUSA!
For more info, see the flier below.
“Superdry USA is an innovative British lifestyle brand offering men’s and women’s casual and contemporary apparel and accessories that fuses precise British tailoring, vintage Americana style and hand-drawn Japanese-inspired graphics.
Fashioned for both New Yorkers and international tourists alike, the Times Square store will mark the brand’s third Manhattan location since 2009, and will carry signature styles including windcheaters, lumberjacks and leather jackets in addition to exclusive Times Square pieces, such as tin-tab tees, knitwear, dresses and lightweight scarves.”
Visit SuperDry for more. Stay tuned for a close-up look at their spring/summer collection, including some killer colored denim.
Photo by Raffael Flores-Contreras.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: leather jacket giveaway, nyc, Spring Denim, store opening, summer denim, Superdry, times square