Feel that insane heat and blinding sunshine? Summer’s on the way, and we’re counting down the reasons we’re excited to bust out our favorite warm weather denim for a season of super-stylish fun in the sun.
Note: We know, these tie-dye shorts are amazing. Grab them at Nasty Gal.
1. No other season permits this spectrum of neons, tie-dyes, and brightly colored jeans be set free from your closet and paraded down the boardwalk. Don’t hold back on your favorite colors, whether you favor pastels or saturated electric hues.
2. What’s scandalous in the spring is common practice in the summer. It’s the only season where your cut-off shorts can resemble a bikini bottom in shortness and no one will think twice about it.
3. DIY! Cutting, slashing, distressing, dip-dying and applique are just a few of the ways you can take a pair of jeans you loved all winter and turn them into a summer dream. Need some ideas? Try this DIY.
4. The simple perfection of the basic jeans and a t-shirt combo is amplified in the summer, and while we love fall layering, this no-fail formula that dates back to denim’s pop culture debut is still a staple in looking fresh and “classic cool”.
5. Finally, it’s great to know that while this summer’s outdoor adventures might harm your jeans—from hiking to camping on the beach, or even dancing manically at summer music festivals—we’ll be right here waiting to fix them back up for you.
Get ready for an amazing summer, and remember us if you need expert denim repair, tailoring, shopping advice, and all things denim.
Tags: cut off shorts, denim shorts, dip dye, DIY, sexy jeans, summer 2012, summer denim, tie dye
Making a stylish statement and keeping it totally rock’n'roll is Nasty Gal‘s specialty, and one of their latest must-have pieces is an acid wash little denim dress. Coined the “Acid Dream Dress“, this nasty little number has a corseted top and a cross-strap back, in the perfect late 80s acid wash texture. Rock this under a tailored blazer or a leather jacket, with anything from beach sandals to killer heels. Pile on the jewelry and let down your hair for an outfit no one will forget anytime soon.
Grab your Acid Dream Dress here for just $58!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: acid wash, denim corset, denim dress, nasty gal, sexy denim, summer 2012
Italian denim label Meltin’Pot is launching an exciting new campaign to accompany their SS12 collection, titled “Tune Into Summer“. Quote the label, “Wherever you are, no matter the weather or what part of the world you live in, the summer mindset is within you. It’s like rediscovering your sun kissed pictures from last summer, and reliving those moments amongst likeminded friends. You’re instantly filled with the fun, joy and laughter of those moments. Your free spirit takes over, and you’re ready to take the world by storm.” We dig it. See the full campaign image set & video below.
MELTIN’POT SPRING-SUMMER 2012 from MELTIN'POT on Vimeo.
Details on the SS12 line: Original workwear designs are updated and revisited in a more than a vintage attitude: these work inspired jeans recapture the original magic of denim and the “good old days”. The Yacht Master collection is about a way of life with the look of a boyish, new, modern dandy, who moves with style and sophistication in an urban backdrop. A trailblazing pirate type who plays between city streets and exotic spots, he’s a trendsetter in versatile clothes: Jeanswear leads to sartorial experimentation.
The Meltin’Pot woman’s collection is an exclusive and ultra-feminine interpretation of the Meltin’Pot man’s denim world, perfected in fit and washes however for women and infused with cutting fashion edginess – giving an alluring appeal to the women’s collection this spring summer.
The website (which launches on the 23rd) has a brand new look and feel for SS12, and is full of “new season energy”.
Stay tuned, we’re announcing an awesome Meltin’ Pot giveaway very soon!
Tags: floral print shorts, italian denim brand, meltin' pot, mens denim, ss12, summer 2012, tune into summer, womens denim
Hey New Yorkers! The Denim Therapy team will be holding it down at Project New York from Sunday the 17th to Monday the 19th, live blogging the trends, the brands, and the excitement! We’ll be hanging out with The Denim Guy, seeking out what’s happening (and what’s not happening) in the latest by all of your favorite brands. Stay tuned for our coverage, and stop by the blogging lounge to meet us and grab a free tote bag if you’re around!
Tags: Denim Therapy, live blogging, project new york, summer 2012, The Denim Guy