Minimal, refined and clean, white jeans serve as the perfect blank slate for your summer styling sessions. From day to evening, you can wear white denim. Just pair your crisp jeans with bright, bold colors for day (neon, too), or metallic and dark hues for evening. The trick is to mirror what you see in nature for the perfect summer street style. We’ve rounded up a half-dozen pairs of cool white jeans, whether cropped, flared or skinny, to suit your summer plans. Which pairs would you choose?
1. Mother Denim Cropped Skinny 2. MIH Jeans Marrakesh Flare 3. rag & bone/JEAN Mid-Rise Skinny
4. A.P.C. Cured Cream Jeans 5. James Jeans Boyfriend Shorts 6. ASOS Supersoft Ultra Skinny
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: A.P.C., ASOS, hot weather style, James Jeans, jeans for women, MiH Jeans, mother denim, rag & bone, Spring Jeans, summer jeans, summer style, white jeans
It would seem daring to be wearing Boyfriend jeans nowadays, when skinny jeans dominate the cement catwalk. However, this comfy, looser silhouette can be perfect for ladies who want to take a break from the skinny jeans look. Unlike the typical baggy boyfriend jeans, we thought we’d introduce you to a few slimmer versions made available now. Do you want that slight tomboy look or do you want the rolled up jeans look? Check out a few finds that should provide some day to night spring fashion versatility. You may never need to take these jeans off all day!
1. See by Chloe Flats 2. Gap 1969 Sexy Boyfriend Jeans 3. Equipment Brett Blouse in Golden Poppy
4. Common Projects Cream Wedge Shoes 5. Current/Elliott The Boyfriend 6. Hang Loose Shirt in Green
7. Carven Suede Slingbacks 8. Mother The Teaser Cropped Skinny 9. Madewell Academy Blazer
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: boyfriend jeans, cropped jeans, Current/Elliott, Gap 1969, gap jeans, loose jeans, mother denim, Spring Jeans, summer jeans
Hey, we love our dark denim washes too, but sometimes when the weather gets warmer we just start craving sunnier, lighter washes in our jeans selection. We’ve come up with nine pairs of light wash jeans that are pitch-perfect for spring. From cropped jeans to skinnies to flares, take your pick! In every style possible, they’re made to be worn with simple white tees, floaty floral tops, and sandals. Sounds good, huh?
1. Notify Jeans Hellebora Straight Leg Denim in Light Blue
2. Chloe Light Blue Flared Jeans
3. Free People FP HIgh Rise Skinny – Paley Blue
4. 7 For All Mankind The Skinny in Light Blue Lustre Denim
5. Venus Mid-rise tapered jeans
6. Levi’s Vintage Flare Jean
7. MiH Marrakesh mid-rise flared jeans
8. Diesel Light Wash High Waisted Skinny Jean
9. Citizens of Humanity Ava low-rise straight-leg jeans
Tags: cropped jeans, faded jeans, flare jeans, light wash jeans, skinny jeans, Spring Jeans, straight leg jeans, tapered jeans
Like many of us, we weren’t sure we would ever wear floral jeans, but this trend has entered into the spring fashion vernacular in full force. After seeing The Glamourai (Kelly Framel) style her floral denim look on her blog, we were emboldened to try it. And, after reviewing all the gorgeous assortment of floral printed denim coming from our favorite denim brands, we just had to share 9 of the most covetable jeans in bloom. Thrown together with a neutral top and platform sandals—with ankle jeans—and you’ll be ready to rock the cement catwalk.
GET THE LOOK…
1. Knitted Chunky Raglan sweater in Cream ($76) – buy it at Topshop.
2. Vero Moda Textured Shirt ($57.30) – buy it at ASOS.
3. Kate Spade New York Franca Cat’s Eye Sunglasses in white ($128) – buy it at Nordstrom.
The Glamourai wore the 7 For All Mankind floral jeans in Kauai Floral, but which one would you choose?
1. Gucci Cropped Straight Leg Jean ($695) – buy it at Net-a-Porter.
2. Citizens of Humanity Mandy Floral Roll Up Jean ($189) – buy it at Shopbop.
3. Current/Elliott Floral Stiletto Jeans ($214) – buy it at Shopbop.
1. 7 For All Mankind Printed Skinny Jeans in Garden Party ($189) – buy it at Nordstrom.
2. DVF Loves Current/Elliott Classic Skinny Jeans in Blue Leaf ($258) – buy it at Saks.
3. MOTO Floral Leigh Jean in Mid Stone ($80) – buy it at Topshop.
1. J Brand Blush Flower Jean ($200) – buy it at SSENSE.
2. Goldsign Virtual Printed Crop High Rise Skinny Jean ($225) – buy it at Net-a-Porter.
3. Not Your Daughter’s Jeans (petite) in Alisha print ($110) – buy it at Nordstrom.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: floral jeans, Glamourai, printed jeans, rose jeans, skinny jeans, Spring Jeans, summer jeans
Browsing social media (we’re addicted to our newly revived tumblr page), we run into questions about denim shopping and we like to address them directly on the blog. You guys inspire some of our best posts! One recent Q we scrolled upon? “Where can I buy printed jeans?” You asked, we answered. Here are 9 pairs of our favorite printed jeans (from a few different price points).
1. HOUSE OF HOLLAND Bleach Jean with High Waist ($215) – buy it at ASOS.
2. Rag & Bone/JEAN The Legging Jeans ($187) – buy it at Shopbop.
3. Madewell Skinny Skinny ankle Floral Jeans ($110) – buy it at Madewell.
4. Topshop Moto Tye Dye Side Jamie Jeans ($90) – buy it at Topshop.
5. dELiA*s Floral Print Skinny Jean ($40) – buy it at dELiA*s .
6. Rich & Skinny Python Legacy Jeans ($172) – buy it at Rich & Skinny.
7. Hudson Nico Mid Rise Super Skinny Jeans ($176) – buy it at Shopbop.
8. Current/Elliott The Stiletto Low Rise Skinny in Fire ($198) – buy it at Revolve Clothing.
9. J Brand Twisted Coral Mid Rise Skinny Pants ($250) – buy it at Stylebop.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: denim trends, floral jeans, printed jeans, snakeskin jeans, Spring Jeans, Spring trends, striped jeans, tie dye jeans, what to wear, where to buy
Kut From The Kloth is showing us how we can have fun next summer in colored jeans. And if you’re not in the mood for colored denim, some cropped, wide leg and faded jeans in cool and breezy fits will make great companions for soaking up some rays, whether it be in a SoCal beach or at a backyard barbecue. We also love the versatility of this jeans collection. You can be sporty, preppy or cocktail party elegant. So if you’re planning out your post-winter wardrobe shopping, we think Kut From The Kloth may be a good place to find what you need in yummy colors and fits.
Images via Denimology.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: California style, capri jeans, colored jeans, KUT from the kloth, KUT From The Kloth Spring-Summer 2012, skinny jeans, Spring Jeans, West Coast Style
The !iTEM Spring 2012 Lookbook shows promise of mood-lifting pastel and vibrant colors: brilliant blue, butternut, lemon, nude, peach, seafoam, white and blue jeans in medium to dark washes. You’ll be slipping into these jeans for women and men once the dead of winter is played out and you’re ready to get back to sunshine-friendly sportswear. The women’s selection featured a wide array of fits—from feminine silhouettes to a drop-crotch and Boyfriend shape. For men’s jeans, look for rigid to soft denim in every dark to medium wash imaginable in straight, skinny and modestly drop-crotch jeans fits.
Want to see more? You’ll have to stay tuned until !iTEM denim releases their lookbook to the public! See more current styles at !iTEM Denim online.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: !iTEM jeans, color denim, colored jeans, iTEM Spring 2012, pastel jeans, Spring Jeans, white jeans