Missed out on anything this week? We make catching up easy with our round up of the most exciting blog posts we cooked up for you in the past seven days. You’re welcome!
1. Step Sharply! Christian Louboutin Spike Heels—In your journey towards increased bad-assery, you may have come across two materials that proved successful in most instances: spikes, and denim. While the two are usually only seen on the back of Rancid fan jackets in unison, a new era of chic has emerged, and it’s given these classic punk elements a new stage to dance on. Christian Louboutin has introduced the denim spike heel and denim spike loafer… Keep Reading! ?
2. Boy’s Games That Denim Plays—There are two things that will always be true: boys will be boys and denim will be always be our partner in crime. This playful editorial from new wave online magazine The Ones 2 Watch (which showcases the work of some the fashion industry’s up and coming talent from photographers to stylists) makes us want to get out of the city, head to the nearest forest, get rowdy and play rough… Keep Reading! ?
3. One Way or the Other: Reversible Jeans—In the age of shrinking urban closet space and increasing need for innovative looks on the street, this is a refreshing item to add to your arsenal. Bleulab has patented their reversible jeans, which remain functional in their standard fiber thickness (rather than layer two textiles, they are made of one piece of fabric woven to appear contrasting on two sides)… Keep Reading! ?
4. Sportmax Code S/S 2011—With the Holidays done and over with it’s on to the next matter of business: your Spring Summer wardrobe! And one collection you’ll definitely want to get your hands on is Sportmax Code if you want to be on trend. The young and hip label from the Max Mara Group captures the spirit of the seventies with modern high-rise wide leg jeans, double denim looks, and feminine yet bold prints… Keep Reading! ?
5. Sex Sells! Denim of Virtue Spring 2011 Lookbook—The Denim of Virtue spring 2011 lookbook has us literally aching for summer, with acid wash shorts (as short as they come), bleached out gradient jeans with zip side details, boyfriend-cut cargos, high-waisted skirts, and visions of all the lounging we’ll be doing once the winter weather breaks… Keep Reading! ?
6. Lohan is Back in Black—Lindsay Lohan and her assistant Eleanore were spotted together this week in Beverly Hills. Lohan looking fit and happy, the actress wore Black Orchid’s High rise Jeggings in Newton wash with a plaid shirt and accessorized with a cashmere loop scarf and mixed metal chains… Keep Reading! ?
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: best denim, best denim blogs, best denim posts, black orchid, Christian Louboutin, Denim of Virtue, Lindsay Lohan, reversible jeans, spikes and denim, top denim