“Did you know that for the longest time—since the 1800s, in fact—U.S. dollars have been printed on a cotton-paper blend supplied by Crane—yes, the stationer? And, for the longest time, since the 1800s, Crane & Co. has gotten 30 percent of its cotton in the form of denim scraps from the garment industry!
But then, in the ’90s and ’00s, something happened in fashion that changed the money-making business forever. That something was spandex—and it started to make its way into nearly all mass-produced jeans in the United States.” (Read more)
The holiday season is right around the corner, and that just means food, drinks, more food, more drinks… Sounds nice, huh? But we all know along with that luxury comes extra New Year pounds (guilt free, yeah right!). We know it really hurts to get on the scale, but to ease your woes a bit, we introduce some options for waistline leeway. Add some extra stretch in your denim wardrobe! You’ll still look fierce—no Al Bundy styles here! And we promise we won’t tell.
From left to right:
1. These Goldsign Jem black denim leggings feature 2″ elastic banding at the waist and ‘Jem’ embroidery at the front. They truly are a GEM!
2. AG Adriano Goldschmied tight jeans dark-rinse denim leggings feature stitching at the patch back pockets. Faux pockets and faux fly at front. Jersey-covered elastic waistband. I know they are called tight but they are anything but that…
3. Charley 5.0 three way zip denim leggings feature a banded waist and zip details at the legs. 10″ leg opening. The only trifecta going on here is you, your food, and your jeans.
4. James Jeans Ziggy black denim leggings feature a covered elastic waistband. 10″ leg opening. You’ll be able to Zig through your meal and help yourself to some seconds.
5. Cheap Monday sport tight acid-wash skinny jeans feature 4-pocket styling and a drawstring waist. 12″ leg opening. Football after the feast, here we come (or is it before?)!
6. Blank pull-on denim leggings feature faux hip pockets and patch back pockets. Elastic waistband. Very mild distressing. 10″ leg opening. We hope you just don’t blank out on the fact that it’s time to indulge in the festivities.
7. Helmut Lang denim leggings feature allover bias seam detailing. Covered elastic waistband and faux fly. 11″ leg opening. Mild distressing. We have no bias’ at all- Bring it on!
8. Joe’s dark-rinse zip denim leggings feature 7″ ankle zips and a gathered elastic waistband. Very mild distressing. 8″ leg openings. No need to actually zip it up (at least not yet)?
Yum yum yum, we can almost taste the second helping already!
– Jackie Racer & Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: elastic, Elasticize your denim, holiday season, spandex denim, stretch denim