Whether you’re into it or not (we certainly are) snakeskin is all the rage for fall! From Prada to Chloé, many fashion houses used it as a focal point in their collections, and from what we gather, when it comes to styling more is definitely more. However, we know that not everyone is comfortable sporting straight off the runway looks so we’ve put together two very distinct ways to rock this trend on the streets without looking like you’re trying too hard. Whether soft and earthy or tough and hard there’s definitely a way to wear snakeskin for everyone this season. Which will you wear?
1. Sass & Bide snakeskin print cotton jersey t-shirt ($190) — buy it at Net-A-Porter.
2. Burberry London cotton gabardine trench coat ($1,195) — buy it at Net-A-Porter.
3. J Brand medium wash 70s wide leg jeans ($218) — buy them at American Rag.
4. Luichiny Buckle-Up wedge ($90) — buy them at heels.com.
1. Super Trash Predito Snake Trousers ($185) — buy them at We Like Fashion.
2. T By Alexander Wang classic jersey t-shirt ($76) — buy it at Net-A-Porter.
3. Burberry Prorsum square-toe leather wedges ($950) — but it at Net-A-Porter.
4. Textile Elizabeth And James Alex checked parka ($375) — buy it at Net-A-Porter.
Tags: Burberry London cotton trench coat, Chloe, fall 2011 fashion trends, fall 2011 style trends, fall 2011 trends, how to wear snakeskin and denim, J Brand 70s wide leg jeans, Luichiny Wedges, Prada, Sass & Bide, Sass & Bide snakeskin prit t-shirt, snakeskin print, Super Trash snake print trousers, T By Alexander Wang jersey t-shirt, Textile Elizabeth And James Parka
Blue jeans are classic, but those in-the-know are reaching for more eccentric picks when they shop for their denim, and that includes wild prints and exciting new textures. Printed denim is the latest-greatest thing to hit the denim trend circuit (you recall the floral craze that happening in the spring, and the latest Native American print trend bursting onto the scene). We’re seeing plenty of evidence that this element will be alive in well come autumn at PROJECT NY. Neuw and Big Star, for instance, are dishing out plenty of exciting options to choose from.
Check out Blue Star‘s take on this fun trend:
Neuw‘s damask print can really make a statement (just don’t wear them together and get confused for a curtain)
Photos by Raffael Flores Contreras.
Tags: aztec print, Big Star, floral denim, Neuw Denim, printed denim, Project NY, project show, snakeskin print