Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible glimpses of inside info. Catch up on what’s happening (and what’s definitely not happening) and browse our personal picks after scanning the web this morning. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. We love seeing “over the years” denim fade reviews, but here’s something a little different: a review of a denim bag that’s faded overtime (6 years, to be exact).
2. Levi’s is currently casting for their global campaign, and they’re looking for models via Instagram. That’s right! All you need is an Instagram app to get in on the action. Upload your photo and hashtag it #IAmLevis, and you’re in the running.
3. For gents who are looking for some texture in their wardrobe, we are all over this quirky “Flaph” pattern blocked top by Teruki Tatsui.
4. A good read: 10 Questions for Warp & Weft’s Devin Leisher & Mehdi Ahmadi. An excert below:
“RD: What do you hope the viewer walks away from Warp & Weft with?
Both: We would like everyone to be reminded of the passion that goes into these garments. Although it is a growing industry, ours is still a very small, niche industry in terms of these particular garments. We just want people to see how crazy we all are for this stuff.
We’d also like both newcomers and veterans of the “scene” to both get something out of the film. When you start getting into this world it’s really easy to get overwhelmed and bombarded with terms and expectations from vet’s, so we’d like to make something where newbies can get some history, learn a lot and hear from people who brought this industry to where it is today.
As for vet’s, we feel like eventually everything becomes a “been there done that” in regards to these garments. It can take a lot for people to be impressed, so we’re hoping interviews and insight from people they have often followed on SuFu can give them something new.”
5. Denimology asks the tough questions: Skinny, slouchy, or drop crotch?
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: boyfriend jeans, denim bag, denim shirt, drop crotch jeans, iamlevis, levi's model contest, skinny jeans, slouchy jeans, Teruki Tatsui, Warp & Weft, what to buy, what to wear
The wait is over! We’re ready to announce the winner of a killer pair of boyfriend jeans for fall by Kut From The Kloth. We had a blast reading your comments, and the multitude of ways you imagined styling these jeans. We loved that you said you’d wear them to festivals and concerts, on a night out with your friends, and as your every day go-to jeans! Your styling tips included chunky sandals and red heels, blazers, statement jewelry, lace, and vegan accessories. Now, we’re ready to tell you who won! Scroll to see…
The winner is…
Rachel won a pair of KUT from the Kloth Roll Up Boyfriend in “Indulgent Wash”. The worn-in jean includes a dark rinse wash, whiskers, grinding, and spot tearing.
Congratulations Rachel, and thanks to all who entered! Didn’t win this time? No worries! Denim Therapy has more chances on the way for you to own a pair of coveted jeans for your stylish summer excursions.
Stay tuned… we’ll be announcing our next giveaway this morning!
—DT Staff & Kut From The Kloth
Tags: boyfriend jeans, cuffed jeans, denim giveaway, free denim, free jeans, KUT from the kloth, slouchy jeans, winner
If you’re bummed you didn’t win the Ariya Jeans giveaway this morning, no worries! It’s not even 9AM and we’ve already got another chance for you to win the fall jeans of your dreams, this time by KUT From The Kloth. KUT is a California-based brand whose classic, yet modern, contemporary denim is sold in better department stores and specialty boutiques nationwide. Want to score a pair of their jeans? Read on to learn more.
1. Like Denim Therapy on facebook & follow Denim Therapy on Twitter.
2. Like KUT From The Kloth on facebook & follow KUT From The Kloth on Twitter.
3. Comment on this post with your email, and tell us what you love about the cut of these jeans!
How would you wear them? Where would you go in them? What favorite piece in your closet would be perfect to style them with? Anything goes!
Entries close on Sunday, August 14th—so don’t wait!
KUT from the Kloth Roll Up Boyfriend in “Indulgent Wash”.
The worn-in jean includes a dark rinse wash, whiskers, grinding, and spot tearing. Available in sizes 0-16.
Winner will be chosen at random from the comments that fulfill the above guidelines. We’ll announce the winner on Monday, August 15th.
Contest available to US residents only!
Questions? Email us!
—DT Staff & KUT From The Kloth
Tags: boyfriend jeans, cuffed jeans, denim giveaway, free denim, free jeans, KUT from the kloth, slouchy jeans