Medical experts, including UK television personality Dr. Hilary Jones, have reported an increase in injuries being caused by tight jeans, cites The Telegraph on Wednesday. “The trendy denims are causing twisted testicles, bladder weakness, and even urinary tract infections.”
GQ’s editors rounded up their top picks for men’s denim recently. On their list? Classics like the Levi’s 511, and custom jeans from 3×1. Denim snobs will be pleased to see the likes of A.P.C. making two appearances as well. They go on to provide styling tips (like layering a denim jacket under a blazer), and declare that it’s OK to show off your package in a pair of skinny jeans. In fact, it’s not optional.
Read the GQ’s editors’ top denim picks full article.
Tags: 3x1, best mens denim, custom jeans for men, denim shopping guide, GQ Magazine, how to wear a denim jacket, skinny jeans for men
Let’s face it: men also need options when it comes to jeans. While we agree that not every man should wear skinny jeans, some men can really rock a pair. And, for the slimmer men out there, a pair of skinnies are the only ones that will fit properly on their bodies. So, without further adieu, we rounded up nine pairs of skinny jeans that caught our eyes, both for the washes and treatments, and for the potential to flatter the various shapes of the male form. You’ll be surprised how good you look in them. Whether you’re a musician or a college professor, we think you’ll find a wearable pair of jeans to wear this season.
1. Ksubi Van Winkle in Dull Metal ($245) – buy it at REVOLVE Clothing.
2. Levi’s 511 Dark Indigo skinny ($90) – buy it at SSENSE.
3. Right: ASOS Carrot Fit skinny jeans in Khaki ($90) – buy it at ASOS.
1. Chambers Waxed Overdye Slim Straight Leg jeans in ($132) – buy it at REVOLVE Clothing.
2. Edwin Sen Japanese Red Selvage skinny jeans ($168.58) – buy it at ASOS.
3. Unbranded Skinny Selvedge jean ($78) – buy it at Urban Outfitters.
1. THEM Atelier Magma Distressed Skinny Jeans ($121) – buy it at REVOLVE Clothing.
2. Nudie Thin Finn Blue ($250) – buy it at SSENSE.
3. 1969 Skinny Fit Jeans in red ($69.95) – buy it at Gap.
What, red jeans? Read Denim Therapy staffer Eric Schmidt’s review of his slim fit OPENMARKET jeans in red.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: 1969, ASOS, Chambers, drop crotch jeans, Edwin, Gap, Ksubi, Levi's Jeans, men's skinny jeans, men's slim jeans, Nudie, skinny jeans for men, slim jeans, Them Atelier, tight jeans for men, Unbranded
Skinny jeans for men are back. Stylist/blogger Justin Livingston (wearing Diesel) shows men how to wear skinny jeans this winter in his blog, Oh, Munrowe. Actually, skinny jeans are his staple jeans fit, as there are pictures of him wearing them throughout the year. His style reminds us of runway trends at Burberry Prorsum, Paul Smith and Raf Simons, when oversized coats were worn over slimmer pant silhouettes. And, it’s no secret that women don’t mind seeing men in skinny jeans, especially when it’s pulled together well with some great wintry staples. Ready to put your old skinny jeans back into rotation? Here are some ideas—à la Oh, Munrowe—on how to style your jeans.
GET THE LOOK…
1. If you’re going to go for the skinny jean, why not go for selvage jeans! 1969 Selvage Skinny Fit Jeans in dark resin rinse (on sale for $89.95) – buy it at Gap.
2. Oversized duffle coats are the It Coats of the season. Lauren by Ralph Lauren Overcoat in Navy Toggle (on sale for $229.99) – buy it at Macy’s.
3. We love the neon blue squiggle accents on the pockets. Vivienne Westwood Anglomania by Lee Black Mechanic Squiggle Pocket Skinny Jean ($148.50) – buy it at My Wardrobe.
4. If you’re looking for volume in a scarf, then you’ve found it. ASOS Fishnet Snood (on sale for $24.54) – buy it at ASOS.
5. Red Wing®, known for making boots that’ll take you to Alaska and back, merges rugged with classy—sure to be a winter closet staple. Red Wing® for J.Crew 6″ round-toe boots ($240) – buy it at J. Crew.
Justin Living mages via Chictopia.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Diesel jeans, fashion trends for men, gap 1969 denim, men's fashion, skinny jeans, skinny jeans for men, tight jeans, Vivienne Westwood Anglomania by Lee