Missed out on anything this week? We make catching up easy with our round up of the most exciting blog posts we cooked up for you in the past seven days. You’re welcome!
1. Denim Heats Up On The Beach: Forum S/S 2011—As the holidays fly by us, it’s about this time when we start day dreaming of the warmer weather that Spring and Summer brings. And though in fashion time we’re already technically heading into pre-Fall, we’re pretty sure you’re ready to throw on your denim shorts… Keep Reading! ?
2. Denim & Metallics for New Year’s Eve Outfits that Shine—As Balmain reminded us repeatedly over the past year, metallics and denim are a match made in heaven. Whether it’s sparkles, studs, or a sleek panel of metallic mesh, this accent can turn a basic denim garment into something extremely festive (or totally badass). This New Year’s Eve, it’s time to toss the frou-frou cocktail dress and let the room know you’re there to party!… Keep Reading! ?
3. Siri Toller?d Gets All Dirty in Head to Toe Denim—We’re really amused by this playful series shot by Andreas Sjodin of Norwegian model Siri Toller?d, face contorted into quizzical stares, bike tire and wrench at hand. With knees cut and dirt smudged all over her worse-for-wear denim outfits, she’s a refreshing departure from ultra-glam denim editorials (though you know we love those too!)… Keep Reading! ?
4. Working The Work Shirt—Without a doubt the denim look has been at the forefront of the fashion world for the last couple of seasons, and, from the looks of it all, it isn’t going to stop any time soon. Jeans have definitely made their mark, and have proven to be a fashion staple, and we love it, but now it’s time to switch it up a bit and move the focus upward. Get ready for the invasion of the denim and chambray shirt… Keep Reading! ?
5. Anything But Bassike—As we love to say, there are times when more is definitely more but for the most part we like to keep plain and simple, which is probably why we love Bassike (pronounced basic) so much. Always presenting us with the perfect wardrobe staples from asymmetrical-bias cut tees to beautifully aged denim, one thing we definitely never are when it comes to the Sydney-based brand is underwhelmed… Keep Reading! ?
6. Black Orchid Denim: An Exclusive Interview—Julien Jarmoune has taken his life-long passion and talent to new heights. After extensive research of the saturated denim industry, he realized there was something missing in the market: a basic well-designed jean. Through combining his knowledge and sheer determination, Black Orchid was born as a classic line appealing to women of all ages… Keep Reading! ?
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: bassike, best denim blogs, best denim posts, black orchid, forum spring 2011 lookbook, new years eve, Siri Tollerød
We’re really amused by this playful series shot by Andreas Sjodin of Norwegian model Siri Toller?d, face contorted into quizzical stares, bike tire and wrench at hand. With knees cut and dirt smudged all over her worse-for-wear denim outfits, she’s a refreshing departure from ultra-glam denim editorials (though you know we love those too!), and she brings it right back to the beginning: Denim as a utility fabric (that just happens to look absolutely amazing).
See the full editorial here.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Andreas Sjodin, bike shop, ripped denim, Siri Tollerød, utility denim