As a side note, where phonetic translations are missing, we will be filling in shortly! If you know a missing phonetic translation, let us know!
So you’ve read the reviews, you’ve fawned over the lookbook, and now you’re ready to get your hands on some Bleulab. Perfect timing, denim-heads! Bleulab is about to have a sample sale in LA that will afford you some great jeans at a major discount. Details below.
BLEULAB Reversible Denim Sample Sale
Where: Place Showroom860 S. Los Angeles St.Suite 1130Los Angeles, CA 90014
When: Friday, October 28th10:00AM – 4:00PM
What: Cash/credit accepted.Up to 50% off retail prices
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: bleulab reversible denim, la, los angeles, reversible jeans, sample sale, SHOPPING, where to buy denim
Luxury goods brand Mulberry is experiencing their own denim fever this summer! If you’re looking for some super haute denim footwear or hand bags, then you’ll be treated to some pale blue, washed and tiger-striped renditions of the season’s most popular quilted purses and clog-inspired shoes! Looks like Mulberry received some serious denim therapy when they decided to design these denim pieces. We’re glad they’ve converted!
1. Bayswater Belt Bag ($350).
2. Bayswater Electric Blue Trippy Tiger Denim ($1,150).
3. D-ring Wrap Wedge in pale blue washed denim ($550).
4. Tillie All In One wristlet clutch in pale blue washed denim ($260).
5. D-ring Wrap Bootie in pale blue denim washed denim ($695).
Shop these denim styles at Mulberry.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: denim accessories, denim footwear, denim shoes, faded denim, Mulberry, SHOPPING
Mr. Porter, a new retail spin-off from international e-commerce darling Net-a-Porter, quietly opened some exclusive shopping hours for their “Founding Members” today, so we thought we’d share 5 of our favorite luxury denim pieces with you. The high-end men’s online retailer opens to the masses tomorrow morning (Tuesday), so get some drool time in now!
1. These will endure all your abuse and still love you back. Acne Mic Rigid Straight Jeans ($200).
2. A lighter weight jean with creamy contrast seams: both eye-catching and comfortable. Burberry Brit Steadman Straight Leg Jeans ($195).
3. Really, is there an explanation needed for this? Lanvin Denim and Leather Sneakers ($415).
4. The Sartorialist can’t seem to resist a solid, denim jacket, so be prepared to be his next photo subject! Maison Martin Margiela Denim Blazer ($1,150).
5. Individually hand-crafted selvedge for the discerning man. Jean Shop Rocker Straight Leg jean ($290).
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Acne, Burberry, Jean Shop, Lanvin, Maison Martin Margiela, Mr Porter, Net-A-Porter, SHOPPING
There’s just under a month left to find the perfect gift for everyone on your list, but if your loved ones are as crazy about denim as you are, you need look no further! We know what you’re thinking—it’s hard enough to find the perfect fit of jeans for yourself, so how could you buy them for someone else? But we’re one step ahead, with a less time-consuming alternative. After all, jeans are only one element of the wonderful world of denim…
1. For the DIY divas in your life (or anyone who can’t afford to drop lots of cash every time something trendy and fabulous hits the denim market), try this book! It’s the gift that’ll keep on giving until they can’t hold their scissors anymore. 99 Ways to Cut, Sew & Deck Out Your Denim, by Justina Blakeney, Ellen Schultz, and Faith Blakeney ($17) – buy it at Amazon.
2. A good gift isn’t just aesthetically pleasing these days, as you probably know from perusing other gift guides full of tech gadgets and time management tools. But we’re sure your efficient gift recipient will love this stylish, functional belt. It comes equipped loops for holding anything from eyebrow pencils to screwdrivers. See by Chlo? Pocket-detail denim belt ($150) – buy it at The Outnet.
3. A sense of humor is crucial when you can only afford a $1.00 gift, but as long as you make people laugh, no one’s going to blame you! This charming little pin will look great on bags, coats, or guitar straps So hey, why not? Bean Forest “TAKE OFF YOUR PANTS” Pin ($1) – buy it at Bean Forest.
4. With the rise of Etsy.com and the DIY revolution, beautiful hand-made gifts are more accessible and affordable than ever. We found this classy shoulder bag and wish we could get one for everyone in the office! Hand-made Strapped Shoulder Bag in black denim ($75) – buy it at Definition of Self.
5. For the biker babe or rocker dude on your list, something a bit more bad-ass to make their season bright. These fingerless gloves are half leather, half distressed denim, and it’ll ensure no one thinks twice about messing around at the crazy, intoxicated New Year’s Eve bash. Maison Fabre Denim/Leather Fingerless Mittens ($133) – buy it at Saks Fifth Avenue.
6. No, that price is not a typo, and this gift is truly reserved for the most gung-ho of denim fanatics… or anyone looking to be schooled thoroughly on the entire industry from A to Z. If they want to know it all, this is the closest thing to denim university. The Denim Bible Jeans Encyclopedia II, by Sportswear International ($1,546) – buy it at Amazon.
7. A cute, versatile denim hat to cap off a perfect winter outfit (and keep someone’s head warm). The neutral gray color allows for mixing with any outwear they already have, and the very nice price will keep you as jolly as a Christmas elf. Calvin Klein Martial Cap ($25) – buy it at Calvin Klein.
8. An accessory to wrap around the neck, tie up like a turban, or employ in apartment decor, this Diesel scarf has a vintage charm with contemporary edge. They come in several other colors and designs. DIESEL 2-KRAFS Scarf & Tie ($ 60) – buy it at DIESEL.
9. If you prefer to be remembered fondly during the post-holiday couch potato TV marathon your best friend annually partakes in, perhaps something more suited to lounging is in order. American Denim Square Denim Pillow ($24) – buy it at Specialty Linens.
Need more ideas? Try the please-everyone Denim Therapy Gift Card, a D.I.Y. version of any of these gift ideas above, or the super-cool MS&Co denim sleeves we featured earlier this week. Have your own ideas? Drop by our facebook page and let us know! Happy gift-giving!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: 99 Ways to Cut, American Denim, by Sportswear International, Calvin Klein, christmas 2010, Denim Bible Jeans Encyclopedia II, denim gift guide, Diesel, holiday 2010, holiday gift guide, Maison Fabre, See by Chloe, Sew & Deck Out Your Denim, SHOPPING, the perfect gift