As a side note, where phonetic translations are missing, we will be filling in shortly! If you know a missing phonetic translation, let us know!
So you’ve read the reviews, you’ve fawned over the lookbook, and now you’re ready to get your hands on some Bleulab. Perfect timing, denim-heads! Bleulab is about to have a sample sale in LA that will afford you some great jeans at a major discount. Details below.
BLEULAB Reversible Denim Sample Sale
Where: Place Showroom860 S. Los Angeles St.Suite 1130Los Angeles, CA 90014
When: Friday, October 28th10:00AM – 4:00PM
What: Cash/credit accepted.Up to 50% off retail prices
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: bleulab reversible denim, la, los angeles, reversible jeans, sample sale, SHOPPING, where to buy denim
Luxury goods brand Mulberry is experiencing their own denim fever this summer! If you’re looking for some super haute denim footwear or hand bags, then you’ll be treated to some pale blue, washed and tiger-striped renditions of the season’s most popular quilted purses and clog-inspired shoes! Looks like Mulberry received some serious denim therapy when they decided to design these denim pieces. We’re glad they’ve converted!
1. Bayswater Belt Bag ($350).
2. Bayswater Electric Blue Trippy Tiger Denim ($1,150).
3. D-ring Wrap Wedge in pale blue washed denim ($550).
4. Tillie All In One wristlet clutch in pale blue washed denim ($260).
5. D-ring Wrap Bootie in pale blue denim washed denim ($695).
Shop these denim styles at Mulberry.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: denim accessories, denim footwear, denim shoes, faded denim, Mulberry, SHOPPING
Mr. Porter, a new retail spin-off from international e-commerce darling Net-a-Porter, quietly opened some exclusive shopping hours for their “Founding Members” today, so we thought we’d share 5 of our favorite luxury denim pieces with you. The high-end men’s online retailer opens to the masses tomorrow morning (Tuesday), so get some drool time in now!
1. These will endure all your abuse and still love you back. Acne Mic Rigid Straight Jeans ($200).
2. A lighter weight jean with creamy contrast seams: both eye-catching and comfortable. Burberry Brit Steadman Straight Leg Jeans ($195).
3. Really, is there an explanation needed for this? Lanvin Denim and Leather Sneakers ($415).
4. The Sartorialist can’t seem to resist a solid, denim jacket, so be prepared to be his next photo subject! Maison Martin Margiela Denim Blazer ($1,150).
5. Individually hand-crafted selvedge for the discerning man. Jean Shop Rocker Straight Leg jean ($290).
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Acne, Burberry, Jean Shop, Lanvin, Maison Martin Margiela, Mr Porter, Net-A-Porter, SHOPPING
Alissa Emerson and Valerie Feigen are the co-founders of EDIT the uber-chic townhouse boutique (designed by renowned architect Christopher Barriscale) on the Upper East Side in New York City. The store is undoubtedly perfectly edited from the selection of designers to the flooring. Alissa had previously owned the store Tuesday’s Child in Scarsdale. Valerie had been one of her best customers for many years (as well as her own experience as an analyst in the apparel sector for JP Morgan and Lehman Brothers, where she specialized in luxury brands), before they decided to open a store together. Their goal was to create a warm and inviting homelike feeling. One where customers would want to come ‘home’ weekly (and you certainly can buy all that you need in a one stop shop). There is a library upstairs where you can set your husband/boyfriend or the kids in front of a fireplace or pop in a video on the flat screen while you shop. The library overlooks a private garden which is ideal for hosting events. Adding to the homelike feel are the two resident dogs that seem to own the upstairs (basically you never want to leave because it’s better and probably bigger than your own residence). Denim Therapy had the opportunity to learn more about how to “edit” your wardrobe- Read on…
DT: Tell us a little bit about edit the store (townhouse)?
EDIT: The edit townhouse was designed to make clients feel like they are shopping in their best friend’s closet. Edit has a warm and inviting atmosphere where customers can feel at home and shop the top collections. Valerie and Alissa “edit” the seasons collections and fill the store with the best of the best. The edit shopping experience is luxurious and one every woman must experience!!
DT: What kinds of brands of denim do you carry?
EDIT: J Brand, AG, Current Elliot, Genetic
DT: Do you have any specific style\brand\trend of jean that you love?
EDIT: Valerie wears a straight leg or skinny, and Alissa is a 70s flare die-hard. For spring, we love clean trouser jeans with a flare. We’re all about polished denim, like Derek Lam’s spring collection, and would pair these tailored pieces with a platform heel.
DT: How do you wear denim (is there any specific category denim falls into)? Casual? Day to night? Where would you be going wearing denim?
EDIT: We wear our denim all ways!! Casual, day to night…with heels, boots and flats. We could be going to a fun downtown dinner or an uptown lunch. Denim has become seriously versatile, from distressed to minimal-chic.
DT: Who is your typical client?
EDIT: Our typical client is one who loves to where denim in all ways. With a great tee or an amazing top and blazer.
DT: Where do you see the future of denim headed to?
EDIT: Denim is becoming more tailored and dressed up, from trouser jeans to trench coats and chic blazers. It’s 70s styles rendered more clean and modern, paired with blousy tops and platform heels.
DT: Any (denim) style/muse you admire?
EDIT: Jane Birkin and Kate Hudson’s look in Almost Famous
Visit the Edit Boutique or shop online but just do it and we promise you won’t regret those credit card bills.
1368 Lexington Avenue (near 91st Street), New York City
– Jackie Racer
Tags: 70's style, AG, Almost Famous, current elliot, Derek Lam, edit, flare, Genetic, jane birkin, JBrand, kate hudson, New York, SHOPPING, skinny jeans, straight leg, townhouse
There’s just under a month left to find the perfect gift for everyone on your list, but if your loved ones are as crazy about denim as you are, you need look no further! We know what you’re thinking—it’s hard enough to find the perfect fit of jeans for yourself, so how could you buy them for someone else? But we’re one step ahead, with a less time-consuming alternative. After all, jeans are only one element of the wonderful world of denim…
1. For the DIY divas in your life (or anyone who can’t afford to drop lots of cash every time something trendy and fabulous hits the denim market), try this book! It’s the gift that’ll keep on giving until they can’t hold their scissors anymore. 99 Ways to Cut, Sew & Deck Out Your Denim, by Justina Blakeney, Ellen Schultz, and Faith Blakeney ($17) – buy it at Amazon.
2. A good gift isn’t just aesthetically pleasing these days, as you probably know from perusing other gift guides full of tech gadgets and time management tools. But we’re sure your efficient gift recipient will love this stylish, functional belt. It comes equipped loops for holding anything from eyebrow pencils to screwdrivers. See by Chlo? Pocket-detail denim belt ($150) – buy it at The Outnet.
3. A sense of humor is crucial when you can only afford a $1.00 gift, but as long as you make people laugh, no one’s going to blame you! This charming little pin will look great on bags, coats, or guitar straps So hey, why not? Bean Forest “TAKE OFF YOUR PANTS” Pin ($1) – buy it at Bean Forest.
4. With the rise of Etsy.com and the DIY revolution, beautiful hand-made gifts are more accessible and affordable than ever. We found this classy shoulder bag and wish we could get one for everyone in the office! Hand-made Strapped Shoulder Bag in black denim ($75) – buy it at Definition of Self.
5. For the biker babe or rocker dude on your list, something a bit more bad-ass to make their season bright. These fingerless gloves are half leather, half distressed denim, and it’ll ensure no one thinks twice about messing around at the crazy, intoxicated New Year’s Eve bash. Maison Fabre Denim/Leather Fingerless Mittens ($133) – buy it at Saks Fifth Avenue.
6. No, that price is not a typo, and this gift is truly reserved for the most gung-ho of denim fanatics… or anyone looking to be schooled thoroughly on the entire industry from A to Z. If they want to know it all, this is the closest thing to denim university. The Denim Bible Jeans Encyclopedia II, by Sportswear International ($1,546) – buy it at Amazon.
7. A cute, versatile denim hat to cap off a perfect winter outfit (and keep someone’s head warm). The neutral gray color allows for mixing with any outwear they already have, and the very nice price will keep you as jolly as a Christmas elf. Calvin Klein Martial Cap ($25) – buy it at Calvin Klein.
8. An accessory to wrap around the neck, tie up like a turban, or employ in apartment decor, this Diesel scarf has a vintage charm with contemporary edge. They come in several other colors and designs. DIESEL 2-KRAFS Scarf & Tie ($ 60) – buy it at DIESEL.
9. If you prefer to be remembered fondly during the post-holiday couch potato TV marathon your best friend annually partakes in, perhaps something more suited to lounging is in order. American Denim Square Denim Pillow ($24) – buy it at Specialty Linens.
Need more ideas? Try the please-everyone Denim Therapy Gift Card, a D.I.Y. version of any of these gift ideas above, or the super-cool MS&Co denim sleeves we featured earlier this week. Have your own ideas? Drop by our facebook page and let us know! Happy gift-giving!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: 99 Ways to Cut, American Denim, by Sportswear International, Calvin Klein, christmas 2010, Denim Bible Jeans Encyclopedia II, denim gift guide, Diesel, holiday 2010, holiday gift guide, Maison Fabre, See by Chloe, Sew & Deck Out Your Denim, SHOPPING, the perfect gift