Denim in the spring and summer? Yeah, we’re planning on it. But as the weather gets warmer and it’s time to frolic in the park or take a stroll through the lower east side, city girls know a cute, versatile dress is the key to an outfit that will be comfortable and classy all day long. Denim dresses are one approach we adore, and we’ve listed 6 of our fav’s below.
1. Acne Moreau chambray dress
2. Paul & Joe Diffus stretch-denim dress
3. L’Agence Stretch-denim dress
4. Sonia by Sonia Rykiel Polka-dot denim dress
5. Carven Knitted cotton and denim dress
6. See by Chloe Denim bustier babydoll dress
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: denim dress, shopping guide, Spring trends, summer style, what to wear
We love talking denim, but let’s face it, we’re not wearing denim in our hair, on our feet, or on our lips (okay, fine, there are some theatrical exceptions to that in photograph form somewhere). But denim-love aside, we’re sure you’ve been hunting around for some universal spring shopping advice too. After all, a good foundation, sunnies, and cute accessoires are just as crucial as your on-trend neon jeans. That’s why we’ve rounded up 9 essential accessories staples we’ll be buying…
1. BaubleBar Candy Striped Bangles
2. Neon Circle Shades
3. BareMinerals SPF 15 Light Powder Foundation (available in 20 skin tones)
4. Camelbak Blue BPA-Free Water Bottle
5. Lilly Pulitzer – Trellis Tote In Gold Metallic
6. Movado ‘Small Bold’ Metallic Marker Watch
7. Butter London – Dressing Table Duo (Tart with a Heart & Fairy Lights)
8. BaubleBar Neon Stoned Drop Earrings
9. ASOS Spike Stretch Bracelet
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: baublebar, neon earrings, pink frames, pink sunglasses, shopping guide, spring 2012, spring style, Spring trends, what to buy, what to wear
Newsflash! We’re in the 21st century. And while we may not have flying cars or a cure for the common cold, we’re certainly making progress in how our shopping and style lives are becoming increasingly high-tech. In honor of that, here are seven awesome fashion, style, and shopping apps that you should download on your phone (most of them are free!).
Stylebook ($3.99): Remember Cher Horowitz’s enviable virtual wardrobe in Clueless? Well, all your ’90s dreams can come true because this app is kind of like that. Snap photos of your clothes, create and save looks. Plus, take advantage of the slew of cool features that Cher would have killed for, like the ability to collect style stats (i.e. most and least worn items) and inspiration, in an easy-to-use interface.
The Outnet StyleCred (Free): The online designer discount retailer’s app lets you shop its site (no surprise there), but the real kicker is in the styling fun. It’s totally addicting, but you can create looks and share them with friends on Facebook or Twitter. If one of your buddies likes a piece and buys it, you’ll snag a $30 credit.
BeSpeak (Free): Most fashion and style iPhone apps are geared primarily towards the ladies, but this one allows men to input info about their height, hair, eye color, skin tone, and build and receive advice on how to look stylish in business formal wear. Maybe you don’t need pocket square recommendations every day, but it sure is nice to have that information at your fingertips.
FashioNomad ($1.99): If you’re a global shopper, download this shopping app and use it the next time you’re in a new city. You have to pay $0.99 for each new locale–besides New York City, which comes with your purchase–but you’ll get some valuable information. The app lists the best in-city boutiques and brands, along with brief descriptions of the neighborhood, including the best places to take your obligatory coffee shopping break. It’s also GPS-enabled, complete with maps and directions to direct you on where you want to go.
The Find (Free): Perfect for bargain-hunters, this comparison shopping app reveals the best deals for products that you actually want. Scan a barcode, and you’ll get a listing of the local stores and websites that offer the item, along with any coupon codes or shipping deals. Plus, there are no annoying ads!
Pose (Free): This app melds together social shopping, style inspiration, and retail deals all in one. Snap and upload photos of your own outfits, learn about contests or snag specials from brands and retailers, and check out the merchandise that other community members have grabbed.
chicfeed (Free): For easy access to the best street style photographs, flip through fresh pics from sites like The Sartorialist and Face Hunter. Though you can’t scroll through multiple images at one time (a bummer), it’s still a quick way to gain fashion inspiration on the fly.
Images via Refinery 29 and App Store
Tags: fashion phone apps, shopping apps, shopping guide, style apps, styling
As the male icons of denim history have shown us, there is nothing quite like a crisp pair of jeans and a t-shirt. Rolled up sleeves, tucked in or left out, whatever the case may be: this is a classic spring look for men of all trades. Check out these 9 fresh t-shirts we think will look perfect with the jeans you’re breaking in for spring.
1. J.Crew Slim Broken-in Pocket Tee ($25) – buy it at Mr. Porter.
2. Ted Baker London Graphic T-Shirt ($65) – buy it at Nordstrom.
3. Topman Off White Island Print Crew ($36) – buy it at Topman.
4. Durty Laundry The Sneaks Come Out at Night ($25) – buy it at Shoebacca.
5. Scotch & Soda Sun Faded Scoop Neck T-shirt ($72) – buy it at ASOS.
6. Topman Multi-Block Stripe Shirt ($52) – Buy it at Topman.
7. Marc by Marc Jacobs Lava-Print Jersey T-shirt ($68) – buy it at Mr. Porter.
8. River Island Dip Dye Contrast Pocket Crew Neck T-Shirt ($29) – buy it at ASOS.
9. AllSaints Earlwood Oversized Crew T-shirt ($65) – buy it at AllSaints.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: AllSaints, J. Crew, Marc by Marc Jacobs, men's jeans, menswear, Scotch & Soda, shopping guide, T shirts, Topman, what to buy, what to wear
The Denim Therapy team would like to wish everyone a happy holiday! We’ll be taking a little vacation on the blog, but don’t worry—we’ve got knock-your-socks-off content coming your way in the new year, and we can’t wait to share it with you when we return! While we’re gone, browse our very special holiday posts and check out why Denim Therapy is the perfect gift to give this year!
Be safe, be merry, and remember: if your jeans rip, we’ve got your back (and crotch, and hem, and knees, etc)!
Tags: Denim Repair, Denim Therapy, gift guide, happy holidays, last minute gift, perfect gift, shopping guide
Missed out on some of our holiday posts this week and last? No worries! We know you’re busy as heck with your list of festive to-do’s, so we’ve rounded up our favorite holiday posts in one big post. Browse our gift guides and what-to-wear posts with a few simple clicks. You’re welcome!
What To Buy
Holiday Wishlist: Denim Therapy Staff Picks For Amazing Jeans
A Gift For Your Guy: The Indigo “Boro” Tie From Mister Freedom
A Denim Snob’s Holiday Wishlist: Lavish Livez Guest Post
Top 9 Pairs Of Jeans To Party In!
Denim Therapy Gift Guide For Men & Women
Get Kitschy! Top 10 Handmade Denim Gifts
All You Need For Christmas is Some Denim Therapy
What To Wear
3 Denim Scarves–And The Tops To Wear Them With
What Jeans To Wear To Holiday Dinner
How To Wear The J Brand x Christopher Kane Denim Collection This Winter
How To Dress Up Your Denim Workshirt For A Holiday Party!
Denim Jacket Over Party Dress: How To Layer For Versatile Holiday Style
Denim, Faux Fur & Leather: 3 Winter Fabrics You Can’t Live Without
Holiday Party-Ready Denim Looks For Guys To Wear This Weekend
Get the Look: Amber Lancaster in Bright Yellow Joe’s Jeans & Sequins
Three Winter-Ready Denim Looks To Wear On A Date
Three Day-To-Night Denim Looks
Events & Etc
Denim Therapy At The Bloomingdale’s & Vanity Affair Holiday Event
Denim Therapy x d.brand Holiday Cocktail & Denim Event
Celebrate The Holidays With Denim Decor!
Doutzen Kroes Sings “All I Want For Christmas” (And Strips!) For LOVE Magazine
Denim Therapy Featured In People Magazine Gift Guide!
Tags: Denim Therapy, gift guide, holiday party, holiday shopping, shopping guide, what to buy, what to wear
If you’ll be trimming the tree and then hitting the town for some ho-ho-holiday party action this year (maybe more than a few nights before the year is out), you’ll want to wear denim that accomplishes three things:
1. Catch eyes as they walk in the room.
2. Feel good while you’re cutting a rug.
3. Start conversations about “Omg-where-did-you-get-them”.
Here are nine pairs of jeans that win the “most likely to be caught on a dance floor” from a range of price points on the market right now. And remember, if you rip your jeans while you’re starting an aerobics-mosh-pit, we’re here for you.
1. SEVEN7 Metallic blue denim pants
2. Siwy Denim Hannah Cropped Glitter Skinny
3. Aphrodite Wax Coated Jeans
4. Hudson Jeans Nico Mid Rise Super Skinny
5. Mango Red Metallic Jeans
6. SINCLAIR Coe Coated Foil Legging
7. P.A.R.O.S.H Sequinned Detail Jean
8. BLEULAB Detour Reversible Skinny
9. Siwy Denim Hannah Cropped Sequin Skinny
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: bleulab reversible denim, colored denim, holiday party, Hudson Jeans, metallic denim, party outfit, sequin denim, shopping guide, Siwy Denim, skinny jeans, what to wear
Christmas is a mere 5 days away, and if you still have holiday shopping to do, you’re just like the vast majority of people in America! ho ho ho…! The last second rush doesn’t have to be a nightmare though, with a list of awesome gift ideas and websites that offer overnight shipping on hand. Below are great gift ideas we’ve selected for the denim loving (and just plain stylin’) men and women in your life. So grab a latte, sit back, and enjoy the holidays.
↓ Scroll and shop our holiday gift guide! ↓
Gift guide for women:
1. MiH Jeans Marrakesh in Klein Blue Velvet
2. Topshop Moto Raspberry Denim Hotpants
3. Shashi One Row Denim Bracelet
4. CURRENT/ELLIOTT Dark Tin Belted Denim Dress
5. Denim & Supply Cotton Jersey Beret
6. MiH Jeans Vintage Denim Top
Gift guide for men:
1. MS&Co. Selvedge Denim Shoe Bags
2. Denim & Supply Ralph Lauren Bag, Denim Duffle
3. Creep by Hiroshi Awai Denim Mountain Parka
4. Horace Patchwork Denim Jacket
5. Wintercheck Chambray Scarf
6. ASOS Skinny Fit Jeans In Cord
And one more bright idea: the ultimate holiday gift is a Denim Therapy gift card, good for any of our amazing services in denim repair and alteration!
Tags: christmas 2011, gift guide, holiday 2011, mens denim, shopping guide, what to buy, womens denim
We love handmade gifts (a few of us are even devout DIY-ers here at DT), so when we decided to put together a gift guide this year, we thought, why make one of them a round-up of cool and crafty denim items! This way you support an independent artist/designer by purchasing, or get some ideas to make your own. Check out our picks from Etsy below.
1. Denim wallet ($34) – buy it at Etsy.
2. Fingerless Denim Gloves with Wooden Buttons ($25) – buy it at Etsy.
3. P.S. I LOVE YOU Denim Postcard ($12) – buy it at Etsy.
4. Hand Made Cotton Rag Rug Runner ($110) – buy it at Etsy.
5. Denim Patchwork Sofa ($2,000) – buy it at Etsy.
6. Men’s Denim Neckwarmer ($17.50) – buy it at Etsy.
7. Vintage LEVIS Purple dip-dyed shorts ($60) – buy it at Etsy.
8. Organic denim wrap skirt ($118) – buy it at Etsy.
9. Dark Blue Denim Bowtie ($23) – buy it at Etsy.
10. Denim Tool Apron (for kids) ($12.50) – buy it at Etsy.
Tags: denim accessories, denim bowtie, denim shorts, denim skirt, denim wallet, dip dye, DIY, gift guide, handmade, holiday, shopping guide