We’re smack dab in the middle of fall, with winter creeping right around the corner, but the chillier air doesn’t mean that shorter hemlines should be swept away until the temperature rises. Try wearing a denim skirt–they’re not only a summertime staple. Just add some great tights (paired with all the coats, scarves, and boots you need to keep warm), and you’ll be ready to brave the cold with more outfit options than just plain jeans.
1. House of Holland Pleated Denim Skirt ($159.03) — buy it at ASOS
2. Nordstrom Love Sweater Tights ($28) — buy it at Nordstrom
1. A.P.C. Denim mini skirt ($135) — buy it at Net-A-Porter
2. Hansel From Basel Colourblock Tights — buy it at ASOS
1. Levi’s Tea Time Denim Skirt ($225) — buy it at Free People
2. Look From London Dots and Flower ($28) — buy it at Look From London
1. Vero Moda Very Denim And Leather Skirt ($32.35) — buy it at ASOS
2. Express Space Dyed Full Tights ($16.90) — buy it at Express
1. See by Chloé Quilted Denim Skirt ($195) — buy it at Bloomingdale’s
2. DKNY Classic Rib Tight ($15) — buy it at DKNY
Tags: clothing for fall, denim long skirts, denim mini skirt, Denim Skirts, Sheer Paneled Tights
We’re not surprised that among the trends that once fell in the confines of “denim don’ts” denim short shorts have come back full force. From simple and casual to something with a little bit more oomph, the fun is in how you style them. A leather jacket with a slight exaggerated shoulder, black patent leather Doc Martens, and a bold graphic tee give this fashionista’s outfit a grungy, effortlessly cool look. The sheer paneled tights and lip-shaped clutch gives her and added quirk. Want to go the toned down route? Trade in the tee for a solid formfitting tank, throw on some solid black tights and a pair of sleek high heel ankle boots and you’re good to go.
Image via The Style Scout.
Tags: Denim Short Shorts, Doc Martens, Graphic T-Shirt, Leather Jacket, patent leather Doc Martens, Sheer Paneled Tights, Street Style, The Style Scout