Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible tid bits of inside info! Catch up on what’s happening (or totally not happening) and browse our personal picks after scanning the web this morning. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. The Denim & Supply holiday 2011 collection features some seriously cool patchwork denim jeans for guys & gals. The women’s jean has some tartan plaid thrown in for good measure. If you’re into infusing a little punk rock into your look, this is one way to do it.
2. Rawr Denim has a great write up on Railcar Fine Goods—a California-based raw denim brand that builds each pair of jeans with hard-to-come-by craftsmanship.
3. For the men in the audience, here’s the perfect compliment to raw denim this fall—Gargyle just got a stock of S.N.S Herning fine wool knitwear from Denmark in to browse.
4. We thought the Topshop American flag shorts were a passing fad of summer, but if Rihanna’s still rocking them, you can bet you’ll see them live on into fall.
5. See actress Amber Heard (best known for her recent role in The Rum Diary) in a pair of medium wash David Kahn jeans on the cover of Women’s Health magazine.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Amber Heard, american flag shorts, david kahn jeans, denim & supply holidau 2011, Railcar Fine Goods, raw denim, rihanna, S.N.S Herning Knitwear, the rum diary, women's health magazine