Jessica Alba was photographed in a masterfully styled outfit that included a lot of blue layers, and Rue de Jeans Etoille (as well as a denim jacket—and you know how we love the double denim trend). Who would’ve thought your everyday jeans could carry you through a few months of pregnancy! But it’s no wonder she chose to wear Rue De jeans as maternity gear. They have their trademark 2″ of stretch-allowance in the waistline back. That means even if you’re not expecting, you can eat a giant lunch and not notice the food-baby! Exciting stuff, ain’t it?
Tags: double denim, Jessica Alba, maternity jeans, rue de jeans, stretchy jeans
Missed out on any of our stellar denim coverage this week? We make catching up easy with our round up of the most exciting blog posts we cooked up for you in the past seven days, with denim news, links, campaigns, and more. You’re welcome!
1. Desigual’s Denim Dresses—Have you checked out Desigual lately? The lookbook pamphlet they’ve been handing out in front of their SoHo store is chocked full of innovative bohemian summer denim picks,with an inspiring variety of textures and approaches…
2. Get The Look: Rosie Huntington-Whiteley in J Brand—Vroom, Vroom. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is sure to get your heart racing. She was spotted at the Daytona 500 event in Florida. Rosie was wearing a pair of the J Brand 901 Leggings in Hewson with an Enza Costa Rogue Rib Baseball Tank in white…
3. Rue De Jeans Exclusive Q&A—We know what you’re thinking… “another denim brand, hooray!” But before you even get excited, check out this innovative denim design and learn why you should really be impressed. Rue De Jeans offers something called a stealth patented design element…
4. Constance Jablonski Rocks Spring Denim In Spanish Harper’s Bazaar—Timeless and classic beauty Constance Jablonski graces the pages of Spanish Harper’s Bazaar April 2011 looking ever-so gorgeous. She’s featured in a perfectly styled editorial wearing the latest in spring denim by Stella McCartney, Christian Dior, Mango and D&G…
5. Natalie Off Duty: Denim Styling in Barcelona—Natalie Off Duty had a recent stint in Barcelona, lighting up the streets with her charming style and quirky approach to off-duty dressing. Her newest blog post features her in an American Apparel denim work shirt and leather pants by Zara…
6. Women’s Selvedge Denim by Railcar Fine Goods—Railcar Fine Goods, a privately-owned premium denim and workwear brand from Los Angeles, has quietly launched their new women’s selvedge line, consisting of 13.5-ounce Cone Mills red line selvedge denim…
—Denim Therapy Staff
Tags: best denim blog, Constance Jablonski, denim news, denim trends, desigual, J Brand, natalie off duty, Railcar Fine Goods, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, rue de jeans
We know what you’re thinking… “another denim brand, hooray!” But before you even get excited, check out this innovative denim design and learn why you should really be impressed. Rue De Jeans offers something called a stealth patented design element. What appears to be a discreet black logo patch on the back of the waistband is actually much more than decorative: it conceals patented design technology that enables the jeans to fit like a glove and adjust with every movement. Intrigued? So are we. The Women’s and Men’s line comprises of classic denim in a variety of cuts and washes. Check out their website and read an exclusive Q&A with the brand below.
Denim Therapy: Lets start from the beginning. What inspired you to get this brand off the ground?
Rue De Jeans: Ever since I was a child, I had a strong passion for Fashion. Having a fashionista mom (former Miss Korea) definitely inspired and influenced me. RUE was created from my own experience as an international traveler. On a flight heading from Shanghai to LA, I conceptualized a trendy piece of denim with extra comfort, made from premium textile. After 8 months of trial period, RUE finally came out, based on finest quality of fabric and the best fit (that molds and shapes all body figures)!
DT: How do you differentiate yourself from the hundreds of popular denim brands afloat right now?
RDJ: Top known brands like Seven, Diesel, J Brand… we have all of their strengths. We’ve got good prices and comfortable jeans like Seven, super-trendy items like Diesel, and flawless fit like J Brand.
On top of this, we got this patented design technology on the waistline to set us apart. This patented discreet logo gives two inches of extra room and comfort. We even blind tested using 10 known denim brands with 10 different body types to ensure this was the best fitting jean we could create. We also offer top quality Italian and Japanese fabrics such as candiani, kurabo, kaihara, and selvage with detail-oriented designer top stitching and attention to detail. We would consider our denim as art work.
DT: Do you have any pre-designing rituals?
RDJ: Travel. Lots of travel visiting many different places.
? Click below to continue reading this exclusive interview! ?
Tags: cut off shorts, interview, perfect fit, q&a, rue de jeans, Spring Summer 2011, stealth patent design element