Rosie Huntington-Whiteley was recently spotted strolling London in one of our favorite celebrity denim sightings of late—a pair of AG Adriano Goldschmied medium-wash skinny jean leggings, a printed blazer and a basic knit top. She capped it off with a creme fedora that brought all of the subdued hues together like a flawless equation of good style. Oh Rosie.
Many celebs partake in questionable dressing, but we believe in rewarding the ones who look good and taking fashion cues from them. In the pursuit of collecting style inspiration, we rounded up nine fresh denim outfits we adore. From Zoe Saldana’s classic neutral look to Ashley Tisdale’s boho-infused styling, each lady wears radically different denim pieces, paired uniquely to fit own individual style (while looking super-cute). Phew, no sartorial clones here!
1. Clean, classic, and simple. Zoe Saldana makes neutrals work in her favor with a black, white, and nude look, anchored together by Rag & Bone’s Leggings in Midnight.
2. This ombre shirt? Oh, how daring! Of course Kate Bosworth pulls off 7 for All Mankind’s Denim Button Down Shirt, with a smattering of her trademark vintage-y accessories.
3. With her Current/Elliot Floral Skinny Jeans, Katie Holmes utilizes the printed denim trend in a look well-suited for a busy lady on the go. To make this slightly girly outfit even more denim-friendly, she throws a denim shirt atop her floral jeans. We approve.
4. Brazilian model Ana-Beatriz Barros perfects polished weekend looks with J Brand Leather Leggings in Red. The textural contrast of her coated denim jeans against a mohair sweater proves that opposites attract to create truly interesting outfits.
5. Just like the flavor of its namesake, mint-colored denim is oh-so-refreshing and big this season. Aided by the graphic stripes of her shirt, Ali Larter looks mod with her Black Orchid Jeans in Mint Julep. We’d all be so lucky to look this good while picking up our Special K.
6. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley epitomizes model-off-duty city wear in her Etoile Isabel Marant Adam jeans (try these Cheap Monday Narrow Jeans for a similar look), oversize knit sweater, chunky suede booties, and wake-me-up coffee fix. Even if you’re not a model, this super-cozy outfit is super chill.
7. Ombre hair might be too wild for your taste, but you easily can achieve boho-tinged style by rocking loose, distressed jeans (like Theyskens’ Theory boyfriend-fit). Take styling cues from Ashley Tisdale, who wears her All Saint’s drop-crotch jeans with a floppy hat, fringe boots, and bright red bag.
8. You know how we feel about Jessica Alba‘s colored denim collection, and we are big fans of this hot mama’s weekend look. She wears a pair of Kate Spade Broome Street Jeans, but we’ve pinpointed a pair of SOLD Spring Street Red Skinny jeans that would look equally cute for a colorful day at the playground as out on the town.
9. For the launch of Chinese Laundry Denim, Shenae Grimes wore a denim jacket from the line with a pair of harem pants and a bra top. We give her props for exposing her midriff in a trendy and cute way, without being too revealing. The key is in that denim jacket! You can’t find the one she’s wearing in stores yet, but this Heritage 1981 Zip Up Denim Jacket will work to the same effect.
Tags: ali larter, ana-beatriz barros, Ashley Tisdale, coated jeans, floral jeans, Jessica Alba, Kate Bosworth, Katie Holmes, mint green jeans, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, shenae grimes, Zoe Saldana
We chose three leading ladies (one singer, one model, and one actress) to showcase their personal denim style and inspire your outfits for early spring! Check out Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, & Michelle Trachtenberg in their respective denim picks (and if you like it, click and grab a pair).
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley was snapped looking fierce Pierre Balmain ankle zip jeans with a red denim jacket. These babies are sold out everywhere, but try this similar pair of Victoria Beckham twist ankle zip skinnies.
Katy Perry was seen in a pair of J Brand 910 Low-Rise Skinny Jeans in wink—those are pretty much sold out everywhere too (no surprise), but you can still score the equally gorgeous J Brand 811 mid-rise in wink (we prefer mid-rise over low-rise anyway).
Michelle Trachtenberg was spotted in a pair of Rag & Bone skinny jeans in Iris while filming Gossip Girl. Check out those killer shoes!
Which look is your favorite? Let us know on facebook!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: ankle zip skinny, J Brand Jeans, katy perry, Michelle Trachtenberg, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, white denim
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and inside info! Catch up on what’s happening and browse our personal picks for the most interesting what-not that turns up during our morning web crawl. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. We really love this quote posted by Nudie Jeans Co. overnight:
“Indigo was first banned upon arrival to Europe. It was claimed to be the Devil’s Dye. But soon it became King of colors.”
2. The Denim Guy reminds the dudes that colored denim is for everyone! Embrace neon yellow, fire engine red, etc!
3. Artisanal fabric dyer Audrey Louise Reynolds dipped a limited-edition, hand-painted pair of jeans for New York denim label Courtshop. Instant It-jeans? We think so.
4. M2F Denim wants to make sure you know their jeans look awesome on guys, too. They put a pair of purple skinny jeans on Dancing With The Stars Star Roshon Fegan and it worked out rather well.
5. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley poses in the latest Hollywood Reporter (the Top Stylist issue) with her stylist, Cher Coulter. Rosie is wearing black Elizabeth & James Diedrick pants.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Cher Coulter, colored denim, Elizabeth & James Diedrick pants, indigo dye, m2f denim, mens denim, neon yellow jeans, purple jeans, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley
One of our favorite models, pouty-lipped Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, attended the Burberry show at Kensington Gardens in a pair of new velvet flares from the label’s pre-fall 2012 collection. With the addition of a herringbone coat, peach sweater, and structured satchel, she plays the part of English beauty perfectly, with layers lovely for keeping warm–and easily shed when things get a little too hot.
Check out how to get the look below!
1. Spiewak Harris Duffle Coat ($157.99) — buy it at Piperlime
2. Citizens Of Humanity Boyd Velour Uber Low Tight Rocker Flare in Velvet Merlot ($216) — buy it at Revolve Clothing
3. A.P.C. Buttoned-shoulder fine-knit wool sweater ($195) — buy it at Net-a-Porter
4. Burak Uyan Black Platform Booties with Latice Detail ($597) — buy it at STYLEBOP
5. Roberto Coin Primavera Bracelet, Yellow Gold ($1380) — buy it at Bergdorf Goodman
6. Marc Jacobs Thompson Satchel ($1250) — buy it at Neiman Marcus
7. Essie Heavenly Sunset Nail Polish ($7.50) — buy it at BeautyNeeds
Images via Denim Blog
Tags: Burberry, get the look, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, velvet jeans
A model, an actress, and a singer walk into a bar… Just kidding!
Everyone needs a basic pair of black jeans with limitless styling potential for as a go-to option that won’t let you down. These three stunning celebs agree, and were spotted wearing Joe’s Skinny in Jet Black—a pair from the brand’s Fifty Five Colors campaign. Twilight star Ashley Greene and Victoria Secret Angel Rosie Huntington-Whiteley were seen traveling (separately) in the pair, while mama-to-be Beyonce was sporting the same pair when she was snapped by paparazzi recently. If these busy ladies choose to travel and work in this brand (from airport hopping to baby-bump dressing), you can bet it’s a comfortable and functional option you’d be wise to think about investing in too!
See the full looks below:
Grab your Joe’s Jeans at the online shop!
Tags: Ashley Greene, black skinny jeans, joe's 55 colors, Joe's Jeans, maternity denim, pregnant beyonce, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Traveling Denim, TWILIGHT, twilight the movie