So you’ve read the reviews, you’ve fawned over the lookbook, and now you’re ready to get your hands on some Bleulab. Perfect timing, denim-heads! Bleulab is about to have a sample sale in LA that will afford you some great jeans at a major discount. Details below.
BLEULAB Reversible Denim Sample Sale
Where: Place Showroom860 S. Los Angeles St.Suite 1130Los Angeles, CA 90014
When: Friday, October 28th10:00AM – 4:00PM
What: Cash/credit accepted.Up to 50% off retail prices
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: bleulab reversible denim, la, los angeles, reversible jeans, sample sale, SHOPPING, where to buy denim
It’s been a long week of waiting, and we want to thank everyone who entered our Bleulab reversible denim cut-off shorts giveway last week! Since Monday was Memorial Day (and we hope you had as stellar a weekend as we did), we’re finally revealing the winner today. The winner described an awesome summer outfit and adhered to all of our contest rules, as well as put a big smile on our faces. Click through to see if it’s you!…
The winning comment, from our winner, Lynsi:
“These shorts are just too fun! I’d def pair them with something that would let the shorts take the stage. Maybe a pop of color with the top, in a slouchy fit. Then, I’d pair them with a fun, minimalist pair of sandals and a bunch of noisy bangles on my wrists. Thanks for hosting this contest, Denim Therapy and thanks for the chance to win these ultra fun shorts, BleuLab. Very cool.”
Congratulations, Lynsi! We’ll be contacting you soon with more information on how to claim your shorts. Check out some of our other favorite comments below, where you shared your awesome summer style ideas!
“I would style these shorts with a great tan and a bright colored shirt for summer!” —njsunbunny
“Every pair of denim shorts I own were jeans at one point, cut apart by me, and are now covered in various paints, glues, bleach, fabric dyes, and wood stain because whatever I’m wearing when I craft turns into a fashion napkin. These would probably be treated the same way but I could keep one side clean for a quick change from human art smock to fancy shorts-wearer.” —Comeuppances
“I would pair these with a bright colored tank or off the shoulder t-shirt with strappy sandals.” —Lovenotesxo
“I would pair them with an oversized bright colored tank and some fun accessories. Then I would reverse the shorts and wear them at night with a cute silky top and some booties.” —DaisieBelle
“I would wear them with my white v neck t shirt and some of my favorite sandals.” —Bessie Burnsed
“I would (first) wear these with my yellow halter top & super cute wedges. Then I’d wear them with ever other cute summer top in my closet!” —Jessica Caviness
“I would style these with a loose round neck james perse t-shirt, black laser cut sandals, and lots of tribal style jewelry!” —Karen Walker
“Would totally rock these shorts with a Simdog t-shirt, sunglasses, chunky necklace and a pair of high heeled sandals!” —Kim
“I would wear the coated shorts with a vintage tee, flats, and a cool necklace.” —Courtney Stecz
“I’d wear them with a fun lacey tank top for contrast and some bright colored espadrilles.” —Ladyboarder9669
“I would style them with a transparent white shirt, wearing a tube top or some nice bikini underneath it. I would also go for large dangling gold earrings, surf waves in my hair and then a pair of high heeled sandals in a bright color.” —Sara
We loved reading all of your awesome styling ideas!
Didn’t win this time? No worries! Denim Therapy has more chances on the way for you to own a pair of coveted jeans for your stylish summer excursions. Stay tuned, denim-lovers!
Tags: bleulab reversible denim, denim trends, free jeans, reversible jeans, summer denim, summer jeans, summer style, summer style 2011
Missed out on anything this week? We make catching up easy with our round up of the most exciting blog posts we cooked up for you in the past seven days. You’re welcome!
1. Step Sharply! Christian Louboutin Spike Heels—In your journey towards increased bad-assery, you may have come across two materials that proved successful in most instances: spikes, and denim. While the two are usually only seen on the back of Rancid fan jackets in unison, a new era of chic has emerged, and it’s given these classic punk elements a new stage to dance on. Christian Louboutin has introduced the denim spike heel and denim spike loafer… Keep Reading! ?
2. Boy’s Games That Denim Plays—There are two things that will always be true: boys will be boys and denim will be always be our partner in crime. This playful editorial from new wave online magazine The Ones 2 Watch (which showcases the work of some the fashion industry’s up and coming talent from photographers to stylists) makes us want to get out of the city, head to the nearest forest, get rowdy and play rough… Keep Reading! ?
3. One Way or the Other: Reversible Jeans—In the age of shrinking urban closet space and increasing need for innovative looks on the street, this is a refreshing item to add to your arsenal. Bleulab has patented their reversible jeans, which remain functional in their standard fiber thickness (rather than layer two textiles, they are made of one piece of fabric woven to appear contrasting on two sides)… Keep Reading! ?
4. Sportmax Code S/S 2011—With the Holidays done and over with it’s on to the next matter of business: your Spring Summer wardrobe! And one collection you’ll definitely want to get your hands on is Sportmax Code if you want to be on trend. The young and hip label from the Max Mara Group captures the spirit of the seventies with modern high-rise wide leg jeans, double denim looks, and feminine yet bold prints… Keep Reading! ?
5. Sex Sells! Denim of Virtue Spring 2011 Lookbook—The Denim of Virtue spring 2011 lookbook has us literally aching for summer, with acid wash shorts (as short as they come), bleached out gradient jeans with zip side details, boyfriend-cut cargos, high-waisted skirts, and visions of all the lounging we’ll be doing once the winter weather breaks… Keep Reading! ?
6. Lohan is Back in Black—Lindsay Lohan and her assistant Eleanore were spotted together this week in Beverly Hills. Lohan looking fit and happy, the actress wore Black Orchid’s High rise Jeggings in Newton wash with a plaid shirt and accessorized with a cashmere loop scarf and mixed metal chains… Keep Reading! ?
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: best denim, best denim blogs, best denim posts, black orchid, Christian Louboutin, Denim of Virtue, Lindsay Lohan, reversible jeans, spikes and denim, top denim