Spring’s officially here, and spring cleaning/wardrobe-refresh is just as important as dusting, vacuuming, and polishing your way to a clean home. If you’re anything like us, your denim collection has multiplied since last spring and it’s time to get it back in check. Maybe you lost weight, changed tastes, or want to try something new? In any case, read on for our version of a denim closet face lift.
1. Cover your bases. Own a pair of gorgeous dark-wash jeans, a few fierce prints, a flare (or wide leg) jean, and classic cut-off’s. Shop our favorite dark wash jeans below:
1. 7 For All Mankind Roxanne Skinny Jeans
2. MOTHER The Looker mid-rise skinny jeans
3. Current/Elliott The Roller mid-rise boyfriend-fit jeans
Shop our favorite printed jeans below:
1. Current/Elliott The Stiletto printed cropped jeans
2. Diane Von Furstenberg The Classic mid-rise skinny jeans
3. Rag & Bone Goetz printed mid-rise skinny jeans
Shop our favorite flare-leg/wide-leg jeans below:
1. MiH Jeans Miramar mid-rise wide-leg chambray jeans
2. Christopher Kane mid-rise flare leg jeans
3. Michael by Michael Kors Faded mid-rise wide-leg jeans
Shop our favorite classic cut-off’s below:
1. J Brand Cut-off low-rise denim shorts
2. Christopher Kane Neon stretch-denim cut-off shorts
3. KSUBI Alberceque cut-off denim shorts
2. Tailor your jeans so they fit you flawlessly. We offer expert tailoring services (and you don’t need to live in NYC to achieve a perfect fit!) You can also get cut-off’s made from existing fav’s that need a twist.
Tailor your jeans to the perfect size now!
Transform your jeans into custom cut-off’s now!
3. Brush up on your denim care techniques. Below, 5 tips for doing so.
– How to wash your jeans.
– How to remove an odor from your vintage jeans.
– How to remove wax from jeans (and how to remove gum).
– How to store & organize your jeans.
– How to wash raw denim.
4. Add a little vintage denim to the mix. Shop in thrift stores or second-hand stores to find unique (sometimes bizarre and DIY-inspiring) denim pieces to set your collection apart.
Above: Vintage high-waisted denim shorts in rainbow stripe ($32) – buy it at In The Hammock Vintage. 70s HANG TEN vintage denim overalls ($72) – buy it at Passé Nouveau Vintage. Vintage chambray soft denim shirt ($40) – buy it at Capricorne.
Some of our favorite vintage shops, with locations cross-country, are listed below.
– Beacon’s Closet
– Salvation Army
– Buffalo Exchange
– Crossroads Trading
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: denim care, denim shopping, how to store jeans, how to wash jeans, remove stain from jeans, repair your jeans, tailor your jeans
Moms know everything (and you knew that). So when they sound off on products & services, the general public perks their ears and listens. This time, we’re proud to say a certain blog that moms themselves refer to for advice they had a few good things to say about Denim Therapy.
See more before and after pics!
I gave it a try and was extremely impressed with the service. Before, you could see my unmentionables through two big holes in the bum of my jeans. Now, the denim is good as new, if a little stiff, and it’s all holding up under washing and drying. Goodbye, blue jean blues. —Delilah (Read the full review)
Tags: cool mom picks, denim care, Denim Repair, Denim Therapy, fix your jeans, repair your jeans