Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible tid bits of inside info! Catch up on what’s happening (or totally not happening) and browse our personal picks after scanning the web this morning. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Mother Denim has released a new style—it’s called the Prep trouser, which comes in key fits the Looker, the Curfew, or the Crop Runway. Grab them for $185.
2. Speaking of new styles, Joe’s Jeans has also released a new future-best-seller: red drawstring denim shorts with a front lace-up feature.
3. Jessica Alba demonstrates an amazing sense of color palette coordination in this outfit, utilizing a pair of Nobody Denim Mod skinny jeans in Amber. It’s so rare that celeb shots are actually stylish! Well played, J.
4. GQ has a four page article up on the history of the menswear blogging movement (for which their records date back about 12 years).
5. Honeysuckle has been ousted as the favorite color of the people (and more importantly, the fashion world). Last week, Pantone named Tangerine Tango the 2012 Color Of The Year. We guess Maria Menounos knew this already.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: 2012 color of the year, colored denim, GQ Magazine, honeysuckle, Jessica Alba, Joe's Jeans, menswear blog, mother denim, pantone, prep trouser, red shorts, skinny jeans, tangerine tango
J Brand‘s newest releases include super-short colored denim shorts and skinny jeans in delicious hues like fuchsia, turquoise, and bright red, as well as cropped cuts like the cargo cropped pant in vintage navy and white. If you’ve yet to stock up your denim arsenal with pieces that favor the colored denim trend, there are few better places to turn for such saturated, amazing color. Below, J Brand recommends some ways to rock their jeans this summer.
Beach weekend: Pair our 1046 Cut-Off Shorts in Bright Red with a classic blue and white striped shirt and a pair of simple espadrilles for a nautical-inspired look that’s perfect for a day at the beach.
Rooftop cocktails: For drinks with friends at your favorite rooftop spot, try the 935 Low-Rise Capri in Pale Rose with a silk tank and sky high heels.
Outdoor music festival: Stand out from the crowd at a summer music festival by pairing the 811 Mid-Rise Skinny Leg in Bright Purple with your softest vintage concert tee and Chucks for an easy, comfortable day-night look that’s perfect for rocking out to your favorite band.
(Styling guide via J Brand & Attention PR)
Tags: colored denim, colored jeans, cropped jeans, cut off shorts, denim shorts, J Brand, new summer styles, pink jeans, purple jeans, red shorts