Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and inside info! Catch up on what’s happening and browse our personal picks for the most interesting what-not that turns up during our morning web crawl. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Missed us last week? Catch up on our NYFW coverage! We visited the NEUW Denim showroom for an up-close look at the line, and chatted with Raleigh Denim Workshop about their unique production model.
2. Love him or non-love him, Scott Schuman shoots some great street style, and he has a particular talent for capturing denim (check out his blog or his first book). He just announced on twitter that he’s releasing his second book in September of this year. His comments below:
“One of the things that I’ve been working on over the past several months has been saving some of my favorite images, instead of posting on the blog, as exclusives for the next book. Since I’m addicted to sharing the best of what I find with you, it’s really killing me to save these images instead of posting them on the blog, but I think it will make the next book that much stronger!”
3. Native Son teamed with Raleigh Denim for AW’12 and the next four seasons, endeavoring to bring back a dying denim culture with a much needed dose of old school integrity.
4. Heddels posted up pics from the Indonesia division of Iron Heart’s 2012 raw denim event, which looks like it was pretty awesome. They exhibited their faded jeans, drank a lot of beer, and celebrated the Tokyo/UK brand in Indonesia’s first distribution outlet.
5. We’re pretty bummed that we’re not at PROJECT LV, but our homeboy The Denim Guy is there, so follow him for denim updates!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: iron heart raw denim, Neuw Denim, nyfw, project las vegas, Raleigh Denim, raw denim event, Scott Schuman, The Denim Guy, The Sartorialist book