Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Target Australia’s denim campaign video, “Denim Nation”, gives new meaning to the term “living in your jeans”. Don’t try this at home, kids!
2. We’ve got a bunch of photos coming your way from the d.brand launch party at Gunbar (can you say sea of beautiful Swedish women?) but here’s a little something to hold you over.
3. The Denim Guy posted details on how to “Win an amazing journey to Nowhere” via Meltin’Pot. Pack your bags and read details on how to enter.
4. Levi’s X Surpreme Autumn/Winter features a denim vest that looks like it’s ready to withstand a NYC winter. Gents, take note (and check out the lookbook).
5. The 2011 Supima competition was hosted by Rachel Zoe and judged by model Coco Rocha (as well as big names like Charlotte Ronson and Nicole Miller). Denim dresses were a current in each of the finalists’ collections. You can watch the entire show here.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: beautiful swedish women, coco rocha, d.brand party photos, denim nation, meltin'pot, Nicole Miller, Rachel Zoe, supima 2011 runway, target denim campaign
Top three reasons why we love the 70′s era: Jimi Hendrix, 8 track tapes, and the beautiful Farrah Fawcett. It was an era that transformed peace loving hippies into rocking trendsetters of the 80′s. Believe it or not, the 1970s also perpetually inspired our style, with key pieces such as macrame, fringe, floppy hats, and feathered jewelry. Denim pieces such as, wide leg pants, and button up skirts were essentially must have items. Combine these two elements and you have the effortlessly chic style of the 70s. So it’s easy to see why the trend has come back into play, Bohemian “boho chic” (seen below) is a modern 70s flair that screams sexy and powerful but not to overdone. After all, who wouldn’t want to kick butt (think Charlie Angels) in a pair of wide leg high rise pants? We wouldn’t have it any other way.
Images via eat, sleep, denim
— Ashlee Mellowes
Tags: 1970s Fashion, Bohemian style, boho-chic, denim shorts, Eat Sleep Denim, Isabel Marrant, Rachel Zoe, Stevie Nicks
Another denim and leather look! Possibly taking cues from the Autumn-Winter 2011 Fashion Shows in Europe, fashionista Folake Kuye Huntoon isn’t afraid to mix her colors with the basic denim shirt and girly leather skirt from H&M. She actually collects denim shirts, so we bet she’s had plenty of practice in how to style it. We just love how she made her trusty denim shirt look feminine with rolled up sleeves, and dressed up with her juicy-colored accessories: a Rachel Zoe leather hand bag with fringe detail ($179.88) in “Burnt Sienna”; vintage Maasai beaded necklace and Linda Lu earrings.
We think she has her finger on the pulse of two hot trends right now: fringe and color! Want to try her look out? Create some style noise with big, bold statement jewelry: layers of beaded necklaces and long dangly earrings create a decorative border and frame the face area. Throw in a poofy skirt and you’re good to go!
See more of this look at Style Pantry.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: denim shirt, H&M, leather skirt, Rachel Zoe, Zara shoes
In denim news today, Rachel Zoe has a favorite new wardrobe piece to shout-out in honor of a Genetic Denim x Nevena Borissova (of Curve boutique)’s mini-collection, and we’re listening. “The Chloe” skirt is a full length denim skirt with some serious slit action up the front, making this bohemian staple perfect for eloping this spring. It retails for $220.00 and is available at the Nordstrom.
Tags: curve boutique, curve la, curve ny, denim skirt, full length skirt, Nevena Borissova, Rachel Zoe, the chloe
When Rachel Zoe, celebrity stylist to the who’s who of all IT girls, recommends Denim Therapy as the go-to service for denim repair, well, it’s the kind of compliment to receive that is champagne popping worthy!
Sign up for The Zoe Report and get daily tips on everything fashionable. We love you Rachel!