It always seems like celebs have a magic way of bouncing back into shape after a grueling 9 months of pregnancy—and we can’t help but wonder how. But whether or not you get your dream bod back right away after becoming a mama, it’s for sure that great fitting jeans can enhance your post pregnancy body. One such perfect example is Jessica Alba wearing Pray For Mother Nature’s Jesse Spano flare jeans in cabrello wash (now that’s a flashback to “Saved By The Bell“… we’re still kind of addicted to it). They’re available at Shopbop in a lighter wash too. The jeans are a dark denim rinse with no whiskering, drawing no unwanted attention to trouble areas. These jeans also have added stretch, and it aint a bad idea to throw on a long flowy top either!
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know flare legs are the it-cut for spring—but where’s your waistline preference at the moment? Stylelist reports that the high rise waistline is happening in full force for spring, with a host of new products on the market to prove it. They make several good points as to why this is a good thing via 7 For All Mankind’s Mille Monferin, including balancing the flare leg silhoutte, hiding lower back abundance, and creating a longer, sexier leg line.
Check out the full review at Stylelist, and find out what the big names in denim (J Brand, Diesel, Pray for Mother Nature, and Blank NYC to name a few) feel about the newest wave in high-rise mania.
—Denim Therapy Staff
Tags: blank nyc, Diesel, flare leg, high rise jeans, high-waisted jeans, J Brand, Pray for Mother Nature, spring denim trends
Whether you’ll be at home, at a friend’s, in a bar or anywhere else a TV screen presents itself (champagne and caviar included) it’s time to celebrate the over-the-top glamour of the 83rd Academy Awards by getting red carpet ready in your best dressed denim looks as you and your friends enjoy the designer fashions and beautiful people of Hollywood. Check out our nominees for best Oscars party style, including a best-supporting jean!
If you’re homeward bound for some private Oscars viewing this weekend, be as comfortable as you want to be — in style. Don’t forget the popcorn!
1. J Brand Cut off Shorts in Leon ($152) – buy it at J Brand.
2. James Perse Casual Tee ($50) – buy it at James Perse.
3. Juicy Couture Sequin Embellished Hood Top ($200) – buy it at Net-a-Porter.
4. Pray For Mother Nature Devil’s Post Pile Flare Jeans ($176) – buy it at Shopbop.
5. UGG Australia Women’s Rylan Slip in Orchid Bloom ($90) – buy it at UGG Australia.
Planning on some pre-Oscars partying after work? Remember to slip into your lucky jeans and print out the official Oscars ballot so everyone can play along. Come Monday, there’ll be either high-fives all around or eaten crow.
1. Zara Studio Coat with Combination Sleeve ($189) – buy it at Zara.
2. A.P.C. Porsellis Ballerina Flats ($175) – buy it at A.P.C.
3. James Jeans Twiggy Cargo in Camel ($172) – buy it at James Jeans.
4. Goldsign Aja Clean Pocket Slouch Jeans ($210) – buy it at Shopbop.
5. Metal Navette Ring in Gold ($18) – buy it at Topshop.
6. Kate Spade Essex Small Scout in Orange ($295) – buy it at Kate Spade.
Partying with 100 of your closest friends in town? Make sure you rock your denim with some glam makeup and arm bling. People might just forgive you as you prematurely shout out the winners between jelly shots.
1. Kill City x Brian Lichtenberg Junkie Black Waxed Moto Jeans ($180) – buy it at Kill City.
2. Vero Moda Epaulet Shirt ($57.38) – buy it at ASOS.
3. Rebecca Minkoff Python Skinny Jeans ($208) – buy it at Shopbop.
4. Philippe Audibert Gold Plated Cuff ($510) – buy it at Net-a-Porter.
5. Sam Edelman Lorissa Stud Pump ($199) – buy it at REVOLVE Clothing.
6. Botkier Charlotte Clutch ($375) – buy it at Botkier.
—Jackie Racer & Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Academy Awards, DENIM, Goldsign, J Brand, James Jeans, Oscars, party fashion, Pray for Mother Nature
Chip Foster, one-half of the denim wonder twins, Chip & Pepper, is going solo with his new premium denim brand, Pray For Mother Nature. Inspired by a recent trip to Japan with his wife, Nicole, the couple will be designing the line together.
Launching in the fall and made entirely in Los Angeles of Japanese imported fabric, offered will be nine women’s styles. Not only will they have the basic five-pocket jeans, but more fashion forward silhouettes such as slouchy cuffed trousers, denim harem pants and a slim style stitched with seams running down the back. The jeans will retail from $158 to $198 and following the brands name, the line will donate a portion of sales to environmental charities.
Already in high demand by retailers are the Slick Rick, a five-pocket legging made of the superstretchy Japanese fabric, Who’s the Boss, motorcycle-inspired cargo pants that are sleek, slim and tight, and Action Jackson, tight center seam jeans.
PRE-ORDER AT PLANET BLUE
–Nikki Cho Russo
Tags: Chip Foster, Planet Blue, Pray for Mother Nature