British pop hottie Pixie Lott was recently snapped walking through LAX airport sporting a Wrangler denim vest (or a waistcoat, according to Denimblog). Although Pixie is dressed way down, unlike her usual pop star fashionista persona, her hair looks great and the vest-sweatpants-loafers ensemble actually does not look slovenly. We’ll cut her some slack, because we know we can’t always sit in a cramped plane wearing a miniskirt and 5-inch stilettos.
Images via PixieWeb.
Haven’t tried wearing a denim vest before? Fret not. We’ll supply some ideas to stay stylish and avoid that dreaded biker-’80′s hick look.
GET THE LOOK
1. A slouchy-yet-tailored looking sweatpants is a winning combination for the seasoned traveler. A.L.C. Tapered Cotton and Cashmere-Blend Pants ($295) – buy it at Net-a-Porter.
2. A gray denim vest adds a tidy continuous color line when paired with gray pants. All Saints Kay Denim Gilet ($75) – buy it at All Saints.
3. We chose a light blue tank to add a tasteful pop of blue which peeks out from underneath the vest. Michael Stars Ribbed Beater Tank Top in Oasis (on sale for $26) – buy it at Tobi.
4. In keeping with Pixie’s kiltie shoe look, we chose a driving shoe instead, for its softness and comfort aboard flights. Minnetonka Kiltie Suede Moccasin Flats ($48) – buy it at Urban Outfitters.
5. A retro-geeky look may not fool the paparazzi, but it’s sure trendy as hell! EP “Clubsmen” Half Frame Clear Lens Glasses ($10) – buy it at 80′s Purple.
6. A cross body bag is a traveler’s essential. Kimchi Blue Lady Satchel ($49) – buy it at Urban Outfitters.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: 80's Purple, A.L.C., Airport Style, All Saints, denim vest, faded denim, Kimchi Blue, light denim, Michael Stars, Minnetonka, Off-Duty Style, Pixie Lott, pop star, singers, Street Style, Wrangler