Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Sean from the Raw Denim blog discusses whether wearing in your raw jeans with sandpaper is “cheating” on the process or not. We say to each their own (we love the wearing-in process) What do you think?
2. The Denim Guy introduces us to Shade 55, a new denim brand to watch who brought their wares to Project LV.
3. Feeling DIY today? A little one, two, three on how digital denim designs are created.
4. Your love of J Brand is about to extend to other parts of your closet! They’re launching a full-fledged sportswear line in the near future (think spring 2012).
5. Lane Bryant has released a line of plus-size jeans that aim to slim the curvy figure. The technology? “Revolutionary built-in mesh control panel made of a unique nylon and spandex blend that flattens the tummy and slenderizes the silhouette”.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: denim links, denim news, digital design, diy denim, j brand sportswear line, plus-size jeans, raw denim, sandpaper wear, spring 2012
We get asked a lot about where to find jeans for curvy ladies, so we were delighted to discover MR Denim. Just launched for Spring 2011, MR Denim is a new denim line from Marina Rinaldi, a plus-size fashion label. MR Denim is a dedicated denim collection which boasts seven different fits, from leggings to boyfriend jeans in a variety of rinses and colors. “This collection is built on the specialization and long-standing experience [over 30 years] of Marina Rinaldi in the plus-size sector.” Latest model in demand Crystal Renn is the poster girl for the next two seasons in the MR Denim campaign. The Marina Rinaldi brand was among the first luxury plus-size fashion companies to create plus-size jeans in the ’80s.
View more images from this campaign at MR Denim or find a Marina Rinaldi store near you.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Crystal Renn, Marina Rinaldi, Max Mara, MR Denim, plus-size fashion, plus-size jeans, plus-size models