Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible glimpses of inside info. Catch up on what’s happening (and what’s definitely not happening) and browse our personal picks after scanning the web this morning. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Pierre Balmain is now available for pre-order at Luisaviaroma! The collection ranges from $120 to $2,000—totally affordable compared to its sister brand. Pre-order today!
2. We can’t get enough of this interactive video by Madewell! Tea, coffee, dress it up, dress down, sparklers, confetti—you choose! Trust us, it’ll definitely rock your holiday!
3. LF Stores has got some great gift ideas for us last minute holiday shoppers. We’re digging the bold neons with denim!
4. Civilianaire Denim (brainchild of Gene Montesano and Barry Perlman A.K.A. founders of Lucky Brand) is now at Atrium New York.
5. Donna Ida is on the hunt for the most stylish dogs and their stylish denim clad owners! You can submit a picture of your fashionable pooch by tagging Donna Ida in your photos on Facebook or tweet them @donnaidadenim.
Tags: Civilianaire Denim, denim news, Donna Ida, LF Stores, Madewell, Pierre Balmain
A pair of Pierre Balmain jeans may not cost you $2000, but that doesn’t mean it’s any less awesome than its higher-end older sister. The label is far from Balmain-lite and doesn’t scrimp on the same edgy aesthetic that makes the fashion community go gaga. Just check out their spring 2012 lookbook! We love the classic (but super fierce) combination of high-contrast blacks and whites because it’s hard not to make a statement. Snejana Onopka models the mix of cropped cigarette jeans, zebra prints, motorcycle jackets, zippers, and crisply cuffed shirts, all while sending a clear message: go big, go bold, or go home.
Images via DenimBlog
Tags: black denim, Cropped Cigarette Jean, Pierre Balmain, Snejana Onopka, white denim, zippered jeans
If you’re anything like us, then chances are you have a mad crush on anything Balmain. Bold shoulders, studs, leather, super-skinny jeans, and a killer rock n’ roll attitude—aside from the hefty price-point, what’s not to love? Well, lucky for us the French fashion house is introducing Pierre Balmain, a younger collection for both guys and gals that promises to keep enticing us with rockin’ designer duds for a lot less. And by the looks of it all there’s a whole lot for us to crush over from a two-toned dip-dyed denim skirt to killer zipper-laden denim trousers. Needless to say we can’t wait to see what the full collection has in store for us. We’ll definitely keep you posted!
Images via Style.com and WWD.
Tags: Balmain, Balmain diffusion collection, denim skirt, denim trousers, dip dyed denim skirt, Pierre Balmain, two-toned denim skirt, zipper-laden denim trousers