The only thing worse than being cold, is being cold in an ill-fitting pair of jeans. Luckily, it’s a quick fix, and you can easily nail two birds with one stone. Refresh your stock of on-trend denim and grab some cozy knits to get the job done this winter! Below are some of our favorites.
Doesn’t this campaign remind you of a certain global American fashion brand? The Pepe Jeans Autumn-Winter 2011 campaign seems to be infused with a bit of Ralph Lauren. Not that it’s a bad thing. As much as we’re loving the Bohemian style of this collection—which, by the way is really on-point—we can’t help but be distracted a tad by the model who looks like the prototypical Ralph Lauren poster girl. Also referencing Jim Morrison (note the leather vest-clad model), some tribal themes, sueded vests with beaded fringe elements and fur lapel coats, the collection couldn’t be more Hippie chic. Call it what you will; we like what Pepe Jeans is bringing to denim lovers today: how to channel a youthful, carefree, slightly rebellious—yet refined—jeans lover in all of us.
Images via BKRW Denim.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Pepe Jeans, Pepe Jeans Spring-Summer 2012
Today is The Denim Day Berlin conference at the Ellington Hotel in Berlin–a massive gathering of denim industry insiders and that will discuss everything from who the next largest denim-buying demographic will be to how to successfully export denim to India and Russia. On tap to appear and share a wealth of denim expertise are names like Karl-Heinz M?ller of BREAD & BUTTER, Adriano Goldschmied of Citizens of Humanity, Hakan Str?m of Cheap Monday, Nish Soneji of Pepe Jeans, and Maurizio Donadi of Levi?s XX. Keep an eye out for our follow-up reports as the conference results surface!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Bread & Butter, Cheap Monday, Citizens of Humanity, conference, denim day berlin, levi's xx, Pepe Jeans
Missed out on anything this week? We make catching up easy with our round up of the most exciting blog posts we cooked up for you in the past seven days. You’re welcome!
1. VMAN Magazine’s Spring Trend Forecast Features Denim—For the last few seasons we’ve seen many twists on classic trends, however for Spring Summer 2011 they get an added edge and VMan Magazine gives us a first look. From the suit to the back pack and (of course) denim, the highlights of the season are definitely not stuck on tradition… Keep Reading! ?
2. Streetwise: DKNY Jeans Spring 2011 Campaign—The DKNY Jeans spring 2011 campaign features the fierce American model Heidi Mount in a spread that exudes New York City-cool… Keep Reading! ?
3. Eva Longoria Out and About in J Brand—It’s so nice to see Eva out again, enjoying a meal with her parents at Beso, her restaurant in Hollywood. She’s looking sexy, confident and slim in a pair of J Brand jeans, a favorite go-to jean for dozens of Hollywood celebrities… Keep Reading! ?
4. Denim Shows Its Curves In Sportswear International—In their latest issue Sportswear International Magazine is celebrating the body. Aside from highlighting best selling topics like body enhancing fits and details to designer insights, the issue also includes delectable editorials like These Denim Curves… Keep Reading! ?
5. A Roll in the Grass! Pepe Jeans Spring 2011 Campaign—Russian beauty Anne Vyalitsyna teams up with Spanish heart throb Jon Kortajarena in a semi-anecdotal campaign for Pepe Jeans this spring. The styling is dominated by denim-on-denim looks for both men and women, punctuated by thick black belts, plaid work shirts and (ready?) a full-body fishnet leotard… Keep Reading! ?
6. Camilla Akrans Rocks Wide-Leg Denim in Vogue China—In case you haven’t set to rest your stipulation over whether wide leg denim pants were on the rise again, we’ve got you covered. Not only is this editorial proof of the trend’s exponential reemergence, but it should be aesthetically fierce enough to prove that wide-leg haters have nothing to hate… Keep Reading! ?
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: best denim, best denim blogs, DKNY Jeans, Eva Longoria, J Brand, Pepe Jeans, spring 2011 campaign, spring 2011 trends, VMan Magazine, vogue china
Russian beauty Anne Vyalitsyna teams up with Spanish heart throb Jon Kortajarena in a semi-anecdotal campaign for Pepe Jeans this spring. The styling is dominated by denim-on-denim looks for both men and women, punctuated by thick black belts, plaid work shirts and (ready?) a full-body fishnet leotard. Relevant? You decide. For more Pepe Jeans action, check out their Andy Warhol lookbook, with pop art icons translated into pieces saturated with their signature streetwear-edge.
See the full editorial here.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Andy Warhol, Anne Vyalitsyna, denim cut off shorts, Denim Work Shirt, Jon Kortajarena, mens denim, Pepe Jeans, spring 2011 campaign, womens denim
I typically like to focus on what’s up-and-coming in world of fashion, but when I came across the Fall/Winter 2010 campaign for Pepe Jeans I simply had to redirect my attention to the present. But let me tell you, they didn’t make it too difficult for me to do so. I’m talking moody, black and white images, great styling, and one of our favorite denim muses, Alexa Chung.
This marks Chungs second campaign for Pepe Jeans. The brand was brilliant to sign up the British it-girl last season for their Spring/Summer advertising campaign, and are wise to bring her back for another one. Though her time with MTV is done and over with this model turned presenter turned model again is definitely still on the radar of many, many fashion enthusiast making her a bonafied fashion commodity.
Giving the campaign a little masculine touch are Spanish it-boy Jon Kortajarena–who is my personal favorite male denim muse–and up-and-coming French fresh face, Gaspard Menier. The two add that little bit of that rugged beauty which further compliment Chungs gorgeous yet street chic appeal. You can see more of the 20 black-and-white images on the Pepe Jeans website.
Also, be sure to take a look at some of the behind the scenes footage of the making of the campaign on the Pepe Jeans Facebook page.
Tags: Alexa Chung, Gaspard Menier, Jon Kortajarena, Pepe Jeans
With so much rain, sleet, and snow lately, what better way to remedy your cabin fever than to weather the storm and go shopping! There’s plenty of denim that will put a little snap, crackle and plenty of pop into your wardrobe (and spirits).
Alexander Wang Denim w/belt, $170.00
Black denim pants with leather belt detailing and metal hardware. Mad Max for the modern woman.
Alexander Wang @ Aloha Rag
Rock & Republic Crazy Low-Rise Malevolent Jeans, $248.00
Gorgeous edgy jeans in a metallic black/silver wash for the fashionable rocker chick.
Rock & Republic @ Bergdorf Goodman
Marc by Marc Jacobs Diamond Denim Dress, $298.00
This fabulous tribal print denim dress is a breath of fresh air for any spring wardrobe.
Marc by Marc Jacobs @ Shopbop
MM6 Maison Martin Margiela, $275.00
A sexy denim tube dress easy to slip on and easy to slip off.
MM6 Maison Martin Margiela @ Shopbop
Andy Warhol for Pepe Jeans
Andy Warhol makes Pepe pop with iconic prints.
Just in time for the spring, it’s La Dolce Vita! The Italian powerhouse, Missoni, has gotten Chuck’d and taken for a whirl-wind of a ride in a collaborative love affair with the American All-Star rock ‘n’ roller. Dropping in selected stores in April, Missoni’s iconic pattern graces the Chuck Taylor in two color patterns at $200 a pop! Sizzling!
Jimmy Choo NixenPlatform, $795.00
Rock that 70s style in these platform corked heel sandals. To complete the retro look, add the Martha clutchindenim with jazzy lightening bolt and star print, $1050.00
–Nikki Cho Russo
Tags: Alexander Wang, Andy Warhol, Converse, Jimmy Choo, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Missoni, MM6 Maison Martin Margiela, Pepe Jeans, Rock & Republic
Alexa Chung, UK’s pretty young fashion darling has been breaking waves across the pond and now stateside with her effortless style and her talk show on MTV. As her influence in the fashion world spreads like wild fire, you will soon see her as the face of Pepe Jeans’ new ad campaign for Spring/Summer 2010.
With a super lean figure and mile high legs, every outfit she wears looks tailored to her body. In the collection, look for great skinny jeans, military jackets, great denim jackets with added embellishments and much more.
–Nikki Cho Russo
Tags: Alexa Chung, Pepe Jeans