All right guys, you’re up! The denim selection for men on the market is even more diverse than the ladies’ picks this season, with designer denim neck-wear, a wide range of pant fits (from nostalgic grunge to flamboyant skinny), patch-work with panels, and simple classic jackets. Check out a few of our favorite looks for the guys.
1. Sometimes classic looks win out over the bells and whistles when it comes to a cool pair of jeans. These Diesel bootcut’s are a versatile and fresh route. DIESEL Zatiny bootcut jeans ($260) – buy it at DIESEL.
2. Who said denim can’t be VIP? A pair of dark jeans, a white collar shirt, and this quirky accessory creates the happy medium between the triad of casual, cool, and red carpet-ready. The price is rather appealing as well. Naked and Famous Denim Bow tie ($25) – buy it at Barneys New York.
3. It’s getting chilly out there—time to ditch the windbreaker and opt for some heavy woven outerwear with a warm collar and an on-point style statement. TOPMAN Navy Borg Collar Denim Jacket ($120) – buy it at TOPMAN.
4. Let’s get a little less serious. Patchwork isn’t just for quilting anymore—this jacket is a bit on the pricey side, but it’s bursting at the seams (many seams) with character. Levi’s for Opening Ceremony Sherpa Jacket ($300) – buy it at Opening Ceremony.
5. A newly released, all-star pair of jeans from the colorful, in-your-face line Mishka NY. You can throw these on with a polo, a blazer, or any of their crazy logo tee’s. Mishka NY Boris Skinny-Leg Denim in Black ($101) – buy it at Mishka NY.
6. Again with the neck-wear (such novelty, we can’t get over it!), this tie is just casual-Friday enough to justify a tiny embroidered Gucci logo. Gucci Denim Blue Micro Check Wool-silk ‘Nieve’ tie ($144) – buy it at BlueFly.
7. Harem and drop-crotch pants have been all the rage for a few seasons–this is the perfect example of a refined, evolved version of the trend. ASOS Unconditional Side Zip Drop Crotch pants ($244) – buy it at ASOS.
8. American Apparel may be more notoriously known for spandex and sex scandals, but once in a while they supply the public with a great wardrobe addition that’s unisex (and therefor can be shared with your girlfriend). American Apparel Denim Jacket ($79) – buy it at American Apparel.
9. Remember the Sailor Moon hero, Tuxedo Mask? If he were a modern-day lady killer with a penchant for awesome slacks, he’d most likely be wearing these. 7 For All Mankind Tuxedo Rhigby pants ($325) – buy it at 7 For All Mankind.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: 7 for All Mankind, American Apparel, denim jackets, Gucci, jeans, menswear, Mishka, necktie, patchwork jackets