Ready for something new? We love a basic go-to jean, but when you’ve got a job interview, a hot date, or a night out with friends to dress for, it pays to switch things up a bit. Go beyond the basic medium-wash jean and add some spice to your look! Try one of these three denim trends for fall…
1. Patchwork jeans. Try Just Female Used Jeans 2. Printed jeans. Try 7 For All Mankind The High Waisted Skinny Jeans 3. Coated jeans. DL1961 Florence Insta Sculpt Coated Jeans
Which of these looks will you be trying for fall? Let us know on facebook or twitter!
Tags: buy denim online, coated denim, coated jeans, fall denim trends, patchwork denim, patchwork jeans, printed denim, printed jeans
It seems the entire world is on a quest to dress like Parisian style icons, chasing that effortless tomboy approach to feminine style made viral by modern stars like Clémence Poésy and Léa Seydoux. If you’re also looking to add a bit of French girl flare to your look, we’d recommend a browse through the fall 2014 collection of Laurence Doligé—a sportswear designer who has successfully combined effortless chambray with patchwork denim, peplum coats, and luxe slouchy knitwear into one offering of serious class. See the collection here, and check out our tips on dressing with je ne sais quoi below.
1. Mix dressy with casual. If you’re wearing a silk blouse, pair it with boyfriend jeans. A pair of tailored slacks go perfect with a crisp white tee. Roll up those sleeves and add some pearls!
2. Wear black and white. Sounds basic, and, well, it is. Try a white pair of jeans with a black knit sweater, tucked into the front. Add some gold cuff bracelets and a pair of easy flats. Done.
3. A simple frock does the job like nothing else. Whether it’s a button down cotton summer dress in a solid off-white hue or a pinstriped chambray cocktail number, less is more when you’re pulling off French-inspired style.
4. Find the perfect tailored jacket. No cutting corners on this one. There are few outfits that won’t be transformed into instant chic with the addition of a killer jacket. Pair it with skinnies and flats, belt it around the waist, and find the perfect clutch to carry.
5. Think beyond the skinny jean. French femmes know how to rock a pair of ultra wide leg pants. Pair wide leg jeans with a crop top and a long knit cardigan. A brimmed hat and some silver jewelry and you’re ready to hit the streets.
How do you pull off the French girl look? Let us know on facebook!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: fall denim trends, french girl, french style, how to dress like a french girl, Laurence Doligé, parisian style, patchwork denim, peplum jacket, winter denim trends
Looking to add some variety to your wardrobe for fall? Think beyond the jean! Paired with a cute top and the right accessories, a denim skirt might just be the answer to your outfit conundrum this season. Whether you prefer to rock floor length style with a side slit or love a classic a-line, we’ve got you covered. Shop six of our favorite denim skirt styles below. The best part? You can pair any of these with some warm tights and rock them right into winter.
1. American Apparel High Waist Denim Skirt 2. A-Line Denim Skirt in Apricot Acid Wash 3. Denim Mom Skirt in Mid Vintage Wash
4. Paul & Joe Sister Skirt in Patched Denim 5. American Apparel High Waist Denim Skirt 6. The WhitePepper Button Through Midi Skirt in Denim
Which is your favorite? Let us know on facebook!
Tags: a line skirt, buy denim online, denim skirt, fall denim trends, jean skirt, long skirt, patchwork denim, pencil skirt, womens denim
Florence Kane has a favorite pair of jeans, but they’re not your run of the mill raws or your classic dark wash skinnies. Florence calls them “Frankenstein” on account of them being made up of so many other pairs of jeans. These patchwork jeans have more character than anything we’ve seen in a long time, and we love the story behind them:
“someone sewed patch upon patch to get them in the wonderful state they’re in now. This person cut an entire swath – pocket included – off the rear of a pair of Wranglers and put it on the left front of these jeans; the pocket with a square outline faded in (wallet? cigarettes?). There are several stars of various sizes stitched on, triangles, an arrow, and regular old squares. There’s even a denim footprint on the left rear, with each “toe” perfectly placed.” (Jean Stories)
Photos via Jean Stories, where you can see more photos and read the full story.
Tags: denim patches, favorite pair of jeans, jean patches, jean stories, patchwork denim, patchwork jeans, stories about denim, stories about jeans
Behati Prinloo, one of our favorite multi-talented Victoria’s Secret models, designed a denim line for THVM, inspired by her chic off-duty style. The collection is both freshly on-trend and completely timeless, featuring casual cotton tees, patchwork jeans, ankle length skinnies, and bold graphic prints. See the full collection here.
Images via Fashion Gone Rogue.
See some of our favorite snaps from the collaboration lookbook below:
Tags: Behati Prinloo, denim collaboration, model off duty, patchwork denim, patchwork jeans, skinny jeans, THVM denim, victoria's secret model
Trend alert! Just having a bit of interesting distressing or a cool wash isn’t cutting it for the fashion crowd when it comes to spring denim. Embellished jeans are a hot item right now, and the interpretations are vast: sequins, chains, crystals, patches and more. Check out some of the coolest over at Elle, and then grab the contents of your junk drawer for an on-trend DIY project.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: destroyed denim, embellished jeans, patchwork denim, Spring Denim, spring style, Spring trends
Scotch & Soda‘s latest kids’ denim collection beats out many an all-grown-up lookbook in terms of style and effortlessness. The bite-sized line features acid wash jeans, bleached cuffed shorts, textured and appliqued sweatshirts, and other easy to wear separates. Check out the full collection below.
Tags: boy's jeans, buy denim online, cuffed jeans, denim jacket, girl's jeans, kid's denim, kid's jacket, patchwork denim, patchwork jeans, scotch and soda
We’re in love with Rich & Skinny! The latest fall lookbook features classic washes and staple styles ranging from basic skinnies and crops to seamed moto jeans. They also threw in some exciting details like contrast wash patchwork, utility slacks, and ankle zippers that add some sex appeal. Check the range out below.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: buy denim online, cropped jeans, dark-wash jeans, denim trends, fall denim, moto jeans, patchwork denim, rich and skinny, sex appeal, skinny jeans, utility jeans
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and inside info! Catch up on what’s happening and browse our personal picks for the most interesting what-not that turns up during our morning web crawl. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Take a close-up look at Kapital Clothing, asap.
“Detailing in the form of traditional Japanese Boro and tattoo inspired embroidery, silver concho buttons on heavyweight knitwear, incredible raw denim and patchwork faded indigo, a shawl collared coat that nearly brought on the vapors.”
2. We’re in love with this new denim jacket by Rag & Bone, bringing back the denim x leather combo we were all over a few seasons ago. This is a great staple for fall.
3. Dig into the political aspect of indigo dye in this film on its history by Mary Lance.
4. Just in case you missed our announcement yesterday, the new G-Star store in Toronto opens tonight!
5. Don’t be the 40-year-old-dude wearing Bape. Gavin McInnes wants to show you how to dress your age.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: denim and leather, denim workshirt, G-Star Raw, how to dress your age, indigo denim, indigo dye, kapital clothing, mens style guide, patchwork denim, rag & bone, what to wear