Olivia Wilde graces NYLON’S August 2011 “denim nation” cover in nothing else but fab denim. The “punk gets pretty” editorial spread features Wilde donning some killer denim duds by the likes of Guess, Genetic Denim, Aritzia and The Gap. While discussing her latest movies, (Tron and Cowboys and Aliens) and of course her love of denim and all things pertaining to it. We fell in love with the white denim shorts paired with the white denim vest, the bikini top peeping through underneath the vest, has an alluring understatement to it. We also love the spiked bubble gum colored Chuck Taylors and the cover poster of Wilde,(A sneak peak at what’s to come in the issue,) wearing a pair of cut off denim shorts and a mid drift baring crop top. Her stance and poise in the photo make an outfit even this risqu?, sexy and confident. We can’t wait to pick up this issue which hits newstands and bookstores July 30th, we’re hoping you do the same.
Images via People’s Revolution.
— Ashlee Mellowes
We don’t know why actress Olivia Wilde needs to hide from paparazzi, because this lady has looks that could kill, with or without makeup. Recently, Olivia grabbed coffee at La Conversation Caf? in Los Angeles, dressed casual with a flair in her Levi’s Curve ID jeans. We love her modern-retro mix between the orange zigzag Missoni cardigan, blue jeans and vintage spat shoes. TV fans should be happy: she is returning to “House,” now that several of her prior commitments are done: “TRON: Legacy” and her marriage. Rumors are also floating that she is dating Justin Timberlake, so we might be seeing her wear more William Rast jeans instead.
Want to try Olivia’s laid-back Los Angeles style? With your blue jeans as the central focus, punch things up a bit with a bright, almost vibrating patterned cardigan and playful colored-frame sunglasses.
GET THE LOOK
1. Loop Stack Cardigan in orange ($98) – buy it at Anthropologie.
2. Squared Plastic Aviators ($10) – buy it at Urban Outfitters.
3. Spring Step Women’s Animate spat style boot ($119.99) – buy it at Endless.
4. Levi’s Curve ID Modern Demi Curve ($98) – buy it at Levi’s.
*Don’t forget to catch Olivia’s return to “House” tonight at 8 p.m. on FOX. Check your local listings for times.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: celebrity fashion, jeans for curvy women, Levi's Curve ID, Olivia Wilde, straight leg jeans
Olivia Wilde was not playing “House” whilst she was seen wearing Henry & Belle’s “Signature Bootcut” jeans in Dark Vintage over the weekend. Clad in a sophisticated Boho ensemble, we love how she’s mixing in a few vintage-inspired pieces: the camel hand bag, scuffed boots and a cute floral corsage bracelet—very Victoriana! Her tarnished key necklace adds a little adornment while keeping everything toned down and casual.
Olivia exudes confidence with her “thrown-on” look which actually mixes different natural hues together without being overly matched. You can create your own signature City Boho look by throwing on a favorite bracelet or neck charm.
GET THE LOOK
1. We’re loving this slightly sanded, slimming boot cut jean. Henry & Belle Signature Bootcut ($152) – buy it at Henry & Belle.
2. Sometimes, a girl just wants a small purse that holds everything! Robe di Firenze Classic Leather Handbag ($269) – buy it at Forzieri.
3. A simple blazer adds a tailored touch to a casual ensemble. Urban Renewal Vintage Boys Blazer ($48) – buy it at Urban Outfitters.
4. When real flower corsages won’t do, then try one that’ll last longer. Chiffon Flower Wrist Corsage in Coral Pink ($12) – buy it at Etsy.
5. Get that vintage vibe with a comfy ankle boot. Leather Sandstorm Boot ($188) – buy it at Madewell.
—Jackie Racer & Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: boot cut jeans, celebrity fashion, City Boho, etsy, Forzieri, get the look, Henry & Belle, Madewell, Olivia Wilde, Urban Outfitters, vintage style