Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Back to denim school! Hudson Jeans lays out the terms on selvage denim and explains how it’s made. Get schooled and then shop their awesome men’s denim collection.
2. The anticipated Italian Jeans book by Maria Luisa will launch on February 2nd, 2012. From Amazon reviews:
“After emigrating from Italy to America in the middle of the nineteenth century, jeans came home after the Second World War bringing with them the image and values of the American dream. Prosperity, opportunity, a feeling of liberation, hope: the myth seemed to have been cut out of the same indigo-dyed cloth…”
3. Gap 1969 Denim invites you to take a trip to downtown LA and walk through their studio, to see where the magic happens.
4. PPQ and Lee Jeans are joining forces for a 10th anniversary capsule collection, debuting during London Fashion Week. On the menu? Skinny jeans and embellishment.
5. Any dudes looking for a more bohemian approach to the traditional chambray top, this one’s for you! The “Nonnative Wanderer Shirt” will go with darker wash jeans or khaki-colored bottoms and give you just the right touch of “whatever.”
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Boho style, chambray shirt for men, denim blogs, denim news, downtown LA, gap 1969 denim, Hudson Jeans, italian jeans by maria luisa, London Fashion Week, Nonnative Wanderer Shirt, PPQ and Lee, Selvage Denim