This friday morning we decided to take a trip back down memory lane to Nylon Magazine‘s August 2007 issue featuring former TV personality and fashion designer Nicole Richie. In the feature, Richie states “I don’t have a clue, why I’m famous either,” making light of her current and sometimes over stated stardom. Since then, Richie has become a full-time mom and a fashion icon, (House of Harlow ring a bell?) Proving to the masses why she is well deserving of the title she has received. In the denim-esque editoria,l Richie rocks her favorite pair of denim skinnies with a Wild Things T-shirt. A laid back and casual look that we love, Richie has definitely given us some denim inspiration to start our weekends off just right.
Images via Flickr
— Ashlee Mellowes
Tags: August 2007, denim Skinny Jeans, House of Harlow, House of Harlow 1960, Nicole Richie, nylon magazine, Wild Things
Missed out on any of our stellar denim coverage this week? We make catching up easy with our round up of the most exciting blog posts we cooked up for you in the past seven days, with denim news, links, campaigns, and more. You’re welcome!
1. Joe’s Jeans Exclusive Q&A—With the well-deserved buzz over Joe’s Jeans newest denim drop, the Skinny Micro Flare, we were eager to have a quick Q&A with the creative director and mastermind behind the brand, Joe Dahan... Keep Reading ?
2. Love or Hate? Acid Wash Denim Heel Sneakers—We had to share these kicks with you, but we’re still scratching our heads. We’d also like to think the average gal could pull them off with a pair of Coco & Breezy’s, a leather jacket, and festival tickets… Keep Reading ?
3. Nicole Richie in Red Leather and Jet Jeans—Nicole Richie strolls Paris looking ultra-chic in her red leather jacket, Jet by John Eshaya skinny jeans (a celeb favorite), and massive shades. Get the look!… Keep Reading ?
4. Azul By Moussy Gets Naked For Spring—We ain’t gonna lie, we love a scantly styled campaign, especially when the only thing keeping the models from being fully exposed is a pair of body-hugging jeans. Azul by Moussy paired two of our favorite cool kids, Freja Beha Erichsen and Cole Morh... Keep Reading ?
5. Diesel Island: Sexy Pics From The New Denim Campaign—Yesterday we introduced you to the Diesel Island campaign, which is amusing us more and more by the second—last night we downloaded our virtual Diesel Island passport… Keep Reading ?
6. Les Halles Jeans Spring 2011 Lookbook—Les Halles was born of a couple’s creativity and denim design know-how back in the ’80s, and their re-launch in 2008 promises a new era for the next generation of the denim obsessed everywhere… Keep Reading ?
And don’t forget to check out our exclusive Q&A with Les Halles’ Remy Baum!
—Denim Therapy Staff
Tags: acid wash, best denim blog, denim campaign, denim links, denim news, diesel island, Freja Beha Erichsen, interview, Joe's Jeans, Nicole Richie, q&a
Victoria Beckham in Balmain
Nicole Richie in Jet by John Eshaya
Fergie in Diesel
Ever since I first saw the biker inspired bleached denim on the runway of Balmain, I knew this trend was going to be a hit, but I didn’t think it would hold up for so long. Everyone from Victoria Beckham to BeyoncA© have rocked this look and so can you. Copy this look by D.I.Y. and revive the 80s in your wardrobe with homage to the late legendary Michael Jackson by pairing it up with a band inspired jacket (a la Balmain).
D.I.Y. instructions to create your own Tie-Dye/Bleached Jeans
(Source – Life & Style):
Tools needed: Bleach, bucket, sponge, rubber gloves, newspaper
Step 1: Assemble tools and pour bleach into bucket.
Step 2: Stuff jeans with newspaper to keep bleach from seeping through to the other side.
Step 3: Using a sponge, dab and drip bleach onto jeans. Hang to dry for an hour . Wash and dry.
Step 4: Reapply bleach with sponge in additional areas. Hang to dry for three hours. Wash and dry again.
Tip: Make sure to choose a well-ventilated area, like a porch or driveway, because bleach gives off noxious fumes.
Divine Rights of Denim
Jet by John Eshaya New Wave Light Splatter Jean in Stone/Bleach (as seen on Nicole Richie), $189
Rock Star Biker Zip Bottom Tie Dye Jeans, $209
Divine Rights of Denim Tie Dye Skinny Jeans $65
–Nikki Cho Russo
Tags: Balmain, Diesel, Divine Rights of Denim, Fergie, Jet by John Eshaya, Nicole Richie, Rock Star Jeans, Victoria Beckham